cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

Drivers : 66.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,028 REPLIES 3,028

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Have you scrupulously followed the processes that I gave you in another thread ? :

If you have scrupulously followed the processes :

- Check in your task manager if you have manually disabled the launch of Realtek HD Audio Universal Service when Windows starts up, if that is the case, re enable it and restart your PC.
- Check in your task manager that the RtkAudioUniversalService service is launched.

If your issue is still there, attempts to repair/reset your Realtek Audio Control/Console app : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/repair-apps-and-programs-in-windows-10-e90eefe4-d0a2-7c1....

Im using WPD, maybe a setting i disabled from there is messing up?

LocoDiceGR wrote:
Im using WPD, maybe a setting i disabled from there is messing up?

Hi,

You should had to clarified this from the start ... if you have modified your system with so-called telemetry protection tools or any other system modification, I will not provide any support.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You should had to clarified this from the start ... if you have modified your system with so-called telemetry protection tools or any other system modification, I will not provide any support.

Alright mate, no worries, all good. Thanks for your work.

I don´t know what I have to install, My motherboard is asus PRIME H310M-E R2.0 with this specifications
Realtek ALC887/897 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Front Panel Jack-retasking, up to 24-Bit/192kHz playback

Please I would like to know what is the right driver for my motherboard. Thank you in advance.

entiuno wrote:
I don´t know what I have to install, My motherboard is asus PRIME H310M-E R2.0 with this specifications
Realtek ALC887/897 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Front Panel Jack-retasking, up to 24-Bit/192kHz playback

Please I would like to know what is the right driver for my motherboard. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

You have an ASUS PRIME Realtek motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You have an ASUS PRIME Realtek motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Thank you for your help.

I have not been able to install the audio drivers from Asus support website or the ones from the OP. Are there others things to try to get this onboard audio to work?

itekweni wrote:
Hello MoKiChU thank you for your input but I am having plenty of problems with my sound and applications I have followed your instructions on uninstalling and installing the software and it works for a short while then Sonic Studio stops working with the error about wrong driver installed and my grey hair is getting worse due to this problem, my system motherboard is the Asus ROG B460f Gaming which I think is the SS3 software but I might be wrong so could you help me here please as I would like to sort it without installing a sound card...thank you

This post is older, but now I'm having the same issue. I still have an older Realtek driver, version 6.0.8959.1 installed on a Rampage Extreme VI Omega MB. I've noticed that Sonic Studio has updated itself a couple of times without my input, obviously through Microsoft or itself, but I never bothered to open the app recently. Today I opened it to modify a couple of settings and now I'm getting the same error listed above. Do I need to update the Realtek driver as well to get SS3 to work again and if that's the case, will I always have to go through this PITA ritual if SS3 updates itself yet again in the future? Any way to prevent SS3 updating and just leave well enough alone when things are working? And obviously I will have to go through the cleanup process before installing the new version every time. I'm almost to the point of buying a dedicated sound card.

Also, which Realtek driver is the right one for my MB? I noticed that there is one other Asus Tuff/Prime DTS version listed with a suffix. I last installed just the DTS version last time. Yet there is other DTS version with a suffix and 2 others listed with additional suffixes without explanations as to which MB's they apply to and I see this question asked over and over on this forum so there's obviously confusion here. Is there a list somewhere that parses what MB is what for the driver's listed?

spinalgt
Level 7
Hi Guys, I have a x570 Plus BR TUF motherboard, and it doesn't seems to have an equalizer built in for the speakers/headset, is that true or just a driver issue?

If you are experiencing terrible Distortion in JRiver Media Center when using the Optical Interface then this is the fix:

In the WASAPI settings, change the bit-depth to "24-bit Integer (in a 32-bit package)". This is also called "24-bit Padded". That should do it.