cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

Drivers : 66.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,028 REPLIES 3,028

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Your issues do not seem to concern only audio, I advise you to do a Windows 10 21H2 or Windows 11 clean install (and not a restore) after BIOS update to the last (if it is not done yet) : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VIII-HERO-WIFI-ASUS-3904.ZIP.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Hey, thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I appreciate the effort you put into the community & the help you've offered so many.

I will make a new Windows install media & use the resources you've provided & submit the progress hopefully by the following morning.

MoKiChU wrote:

Hi,

Your issues do not seem to concern only audio, I advise you to do a Windows 10 21H2 or Windows 11 clean install (and not a restore) after BIOS update to the last (if it is not done yet) : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VIII-HERO-WIFI-ASUS-3904.ZIP.-
-
Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Hi MoKiChu, I've found what was wrong & it wasn't related to anything other than the Realtek Audio Console itself. It's a persistent & re-creatable issue as well.

Edit: The issue I've isolated to being Realtek Audio Console, there is a bug of some sort I encountered no matter even during a full clean Windows install AND clean driver installation. To fix/remediate it, open the Audio Console application > Device advanced settings > Under "Connector Retasking", toggle BOTH Back panel & Front panel -green- between Headphones/Front Speaker Audio. Doing so will return audio and you should have sound again.

I hope this helps others!

Ataemonus
Level 11
Thank you very much.

sorry, i have previously posted in the wrong thread about gen 1 or gen 2

i know i have gen 1 (you told me that by PM, asus b550 f gaming ) i am on the 6.0.9279 gen 1 drivers

in this last one 6.0.9282 there is no choice of gen 1 or 2. so i tried the update like mentionned. but i loose realtek hd setting like equalizer.
is this last version supposed to work correctly with gen 1?

fredengl wrote:
sorry, i have previously posted in the wrong thread about gen 1 or gen 2

i know i have gen 1 (you told me that by PM, asus b550 f gaming ) i am on the 6.0.9279 gen 1 drivers

in this last one 6.0.9282 there is no choice of gen 1 or 2. so i tried the update like mentionned. but i loose realtek hd setting like equalizer.
is this last version supposed to work correctly with gen 1?

See below.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,

@ ASUS ROG SS3 motherboards users & ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards users :

I'm starting to get sick of these Gen questions : Since Gen2 drivers are Gen1 & Gen2 motherboards compatible, thereby there is no more Gen1 drivers on the thread, so there is no more confusion. Those who do not agree with that just have to use the drivers from their motherboards support page.

Thread, post & drivers packages updated.

USERMAC
Level 9
I have issue where my Z690 Hero is setting my impedance over 1000 ohms.
Done clean install windows 11 and used Armoury Crate to update the drivers I am currenting using Audio Driver ver: 6.3.9600.2299 still have issue and have tried 3 different pairs of headphones
I am wondering if I should be installing the driver in a pacific way like what is being said in this thread.

Please can someone advise what drivers I need and tell me what I need to do to clean the old drivers off as I am unsure which ones I need.
thanks

qlfenv wrote:
I have an issue with the ss3 driver on my z390 e gaming with w11. On some apps(CSGO), at launch the amplify level gets reset to the lowest one, and the option dissapears in realtek audio console. I have to restart the pc to get the option visible back and set it to extreme. I tried a clean reinstall, windows reinstall, but no luck. It seems that the drivers have a problem on windows 11. The latest one and the last few before did the same thing.
Sahaj wrote:
Hi Moc, I have the exact same issue with fallout 4 windows 11. Btw these days one more thing is off with windows update. Earlier it used to fetch nahimic and a volute stuff itself but now its under "Optional updates". I came back to windows 10 clean install yesterday. This optional update problem is there even on 10. If I don't download a-volute software component from the optional update, the sonic studio doesn't open when fastboot is on.

Hi,

You have to report this to Microsoft and/or ASUS (by contacting ASUS Support and/or open a thread here : ROG Care - Hardware & Software Support), so that they forward to Realtek, A-Volute ...

USERMAC wrote:
I have issue where my Z690 Hero is setting my impedance over 1000 ohms.
Done clean install windows 11 and used Armoury Crate to update the drivers I am currenting using Audio Driver ver: 6.3.9600.2299 still have issue and have tried 3 different pairs of headphones
I am wondering if I should be installing the driver in a pacific way like what is being said in this thread.

Please can someone advise what drivers I need and tell me what I need to do to clean the old drivers off as I am unsure which ones I need.
thanks

Hi,

You posted in the wrong place, this thread is no dedicated to your motherboard.

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (Intel 5xx/6xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40).

Also, if this does not fix your issue, since your issue occurring with drivers from your motherboard support page, contact ASUS Support and/or open a thread here : ROG Care - Hardware & Software Support.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You have to report this to Microsoft and/or ASUS (by contacting ASUS Support and/or open a thread here : ROG Care - Hardware & Software Support), so that they forward to Realtek, A-Volute ...

Hi,

You posted in the wrong place, this thread is no dedicated to your motherboard.

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) Gen2 from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (MB | Intel 5xx/6xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40).

Also, if this does not fix your issue, since your issue occurring with drivers from your motherboard support page, contact ASUS Support and/or open a thread here : ROG Care - Hardware & Software Support.

Seems this thread has found it's way in the Z690 Motherboards thread that is why I posted in this one about my motherboard issue. I will inform Asus support about my issue as I am not getting any luck fixing this issue.

HumbleSiPilot77
Level 10
Hello all and Mokichu,

Out of the blue, I started getting "The current system is not supported, or the audio driver has not been properly installed" when I try to open Sonic Software, did a scroupolus clean install but no avail, it appears Nahimic service isn't running even though it is set to Auto.

Since clean install didn't fix this, what areas do I need to be focusing on?

EDIT: The culprit is the Nahimic service. If this service is manually restarted, then the Sonic software opens without an issue. However, even though the service is set to start Automatically, it somehow does not. I am wondering what you all think about this, why a service not starting automatically... Worse case I have to create a "restart service" shortcut
for nahimic but that just sucks and feels like a bandaid.

EDIT 2: Changed Nahimic Service trigger to "Automatic" rather than "Automatic (Delayed)", service has been starting without issues for the past few restarts. I will keep an eye on this.

Bushmaster78FS wrote:
... Changed Nahimic Service trigger to "Automatic" rather than "Automatic (Delayed)", service has been starting without issues for the past few restarts. I will keep an eye on this.

Hi,

The service is configured by default on Automatic and not on Automatic (Delayed start). To see from your side what/who switched that.

Note that when services are configured in this way (Automatic (Delayed start)) the service is started 120 seconds after Windows starting.