cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

Drivers : 66.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,028 REPLIES 3,028

dwberg09 wrote:
it’s a valid question didn’t know I was wasting ur time it says 9x in title thought it was for 9th gen which is the cpu compatibility for the mother board I have

If you had read the Hardware requirements at the bottom of the first post of the thread, you would know that the title refers to chipsets series and not to CPUs series :

Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx series chipsets (except ROG 5xx ALC408x).

Ataemonus
Level 11
Thank you so very much.

xenon2 wrote:
Same problem, crackling is present whatever I do. (Latest mobo bios, latest drivers, windoze 10)

Workaround is to run this stupid realtek audio panel go to "device advanced settings", change output from headphone to front speaker output and then back, crackling is gone until next restart.

Quoting this from my audio issues thread on this forum. This actually works on my B550-F, currently using the latest MoKiChU driver, MSI mode and hibernation disabled.

UAD 6.0.9231.1 drivers on a X470-PRO with Quadraphonic speakers (4.0) doesn't output 4.0 audio with Diablo II Resurrected. Only does 2.0/Stereo.

Uninstalling the Realtek drivers and going back to the default Microsoft ones works fine (for 4.0, I have to select 5.1 audio settings, disable extra speakers, and make sure Channel Phantoming is enabled).

Hi Mokichu,

Firstly I would like to convey my thanks for all of your efforts in maintaining this invaluable community Realtek Audio resource.

I have used the drivers posted here for some time now and the install advice has always been more than adequate. In June I experienced an unrelated failure of my Asus Prime X299 Edition 30 (upon which these drivers were previously installed without issue) necessitating RMA to Asus. To cut a long story short (and over 8 weeks!) the failure was ultimately confirmed and the retailer informed me that Asus could not replace the Motherboard instead providing a full refund. Owing to the unique nature of this board and components already purchased to take full advantage I was left to source a new Edition 30 in replacement.

Eventually, I was able to source one overseas and though considerably more expensive I finally have my replacement! Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 was clean installed in the last few days and the Drivers updated to their latest releases including the Realtek Audio Drivers listed here. As my Motherboard uses the Realtek® S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC which features DTS X Ultra I selected your V6.0.9231.1 UAD Driver (31/08/2021) for ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra Motherboards.

As usual, I believe I have followed your step by step guides:

CLEANUP:

1) Uninstall Drivers, and Apps (Start > Settings > Apps) - [NB. No Apps were Present] then restart your PC
2) Launch Driver Store Explorer > Checking the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with a-volute | avolute | dts | hdx [NB. Non Present] only realtek
3) Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC

Upon restart followed by:

INSTALL:

1) Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > [NB. Automatically restarted]
2) Automatic installation of Realtek Audio Control/Console after rebooting, [NB. Installs but reports "Cannot connect to RPC service"]
3) Automatic installation of DTS:X Ultra [NB. Does not install & unable to install manually reports error 0x803FB005 when attempting manual download]

The Audio Drivers - Device Manager (Each of: Line In, Microphone, Realtek Digital Output & Speakers report V10.0.19041.1 {Microsoft - 06.12.19})

All attempts to uninstall Device fail upon reboot and Windows does not offer the "Delete the driver software for this device" checkbox. It does not show up in Driver Store Explorer (the only reported instances of 10.0.19041.1 being Printer Drivers prnms001.inf & prnms009.inf) with only realtekasio.inf (1.0.0.8 - 24.03.21) & hdxasus.inf (6.0.9231.1 - 31.08.21) listed.

Clearly I am missing something this time, what am I doing wrong :confused: ??

Thanks in anticipation of your step by step advice 🙂

UPDATE: 30.09.21

All now resolved....

To assist others, I discovered that I had overlooked the Driver (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver) offered in the Armoury Crate Tools > Drivers menu :rolleyes: which installs 'Realtek High Definition Audio Driver' which then becomes visible in Control Panel > Programs & Features and also in Device Manager > Sound, Video & Game Controllers as 'Realtek(R) Audio' after which the magic starts!!

I was then able to follow Mokichu's instructions and all installs flawlessly including the Realtek Audio Console App and DTX Ultra App and now all is perfect and the Audio Console confirms that the 6.0.9231.1 is installed. Finally I was at last able to configure my Logitech Z907 audio settings once more so normal service is resumed 🙂

Hope this helps someone in due course, otherwise apologies to all for the false alarm and thank you to all those who looked!

PC Pilot

Z490 ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI) getting error Code: 0x803FB005 when trying to download Realtek Audio Control. Followed instructions for SS3, this is correct driver?

EDIT FIX: Searched and found I had downloaded the incorrect driver. SS3 DTS is what worked.

Hello , i have a TUF GAMING B550-PLUS and im having issues with my microphone connected to the jack of the MB , the output has a lot of noise and really low voice even while trying with different microphones so i can say the issue is the motherboard.

Which drivers should i download ? Any tip to try to remove annoying that static noise?

Rubapowa wrote:
Hello , i have a TUF GAMING B550-PLUS and im having issues with my microphone connected to the jack of the MB , the output has a lot of noise and really low voice even while trying with different microphones so i can say the issue is the motherboard.

Which drivers should i download ? Any tip to try to remove annoying that static noise?

Hi,

You have an ASUS TUF DTS Custom motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Once it's done, follow these 2 TIPS (also visible at the bottom of the first post) :

1) Disable hibernation :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Search.
- Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
- If/When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and then press Enter then close the Command Prompt.

2) Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_util_v3.exe" > Run as administrator), then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You have an ASUS TUF DTS Custom motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Once it's done, follow these 2 TIPS (also visible at the bottom of the first post) :

1) Disable hibernation :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Search.
- Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
- If/When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and then press Enter then close the Command Prompt.

2) Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_util_v3.exe" > Run as administrator), then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC.

The sound of the mic now is louder and with less noise , not completely fixed as expected from a 150 euros motherboard in 2021 but better than before ...

Thanks a lot ! Great job !

Espionage724 wrote:
UAD 6.0.9231.1 drivers on a X470-PRO with Quadraphonic speakers (4.0) doesn't output 4.0 audio with Diablo II Resurrected. Only does 2.0/Stereo.

Uninstalling the Realtek drivers and going back to the default Microsoft ones works fine (for 4.0, I have to select 5.1 audio settings, disable extra speakers, and make sure Channel Phantoming is enabled).

The same fix above can be done with Realtek's audio drivers (from this thread) as well, and is seemingly required with true 4.0 speaker setups (front L/R, rear L/R, no sub). For Realtek, you'd select 5.1 Speaker Config, and remove (disable) the optional Center speaker. I know this affected FFXIV as well, and likely affects other games too.

To test this consistently in D2R, I went to the main menu and started the Act 1 cinematic. You should hear environmental things from the rear speakers, but no dialogue. All dialogue only comes from the front speakers (if you hear any voice from the rear speakers, you're likely upmixing Stereo).