cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9655.1 WHQL [12/03/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,047 REPLIES 3,047

Orodruin wrote:
Then I will install the driver you shared.
Of course, I will remove the current driver as you said for a clean install first.

Follow to the letter the indications of my previous post, with SS3 Cleaner tool, not only the CLEANUP/INSTALL processes.

Orodruin wrote:
Is it possible for me to have problems after all these procedures?

I'm having a similar problem in Armory Crate.
When Armory Create upgraded, it also caused some problems.
It starts without problems, but sometimes I get a "services could not be installed" warning at startup.

I guess asus does not adapt these softwares to the new windows update when new windows updates come.

Anything is possible, I'm not a guesser, but if you don't let Armoury Crate update your drivers (and more precisely the Realtek Audio Drivers), chances are you won't have any more issues, indeed.

The installation method used by ASUS can actually cause conflicts with Windows Update.

The driver packages I offer are drivers only, using an Microsoft official install method (via Microsoft PnPUtil), which are Windows Update Ready (i.e. even if Windows Update updates an item of the drivers package, it will not generate any conflict or other oddities).

splash90 wrote:
Hi, excuse my ignorance, my motherboard is a Asus ROG Strix X570-F and I'm using the driver available in the driver&tools download page:

Version 6.0.9088.1
2021/05/12 576.07 MBytes
Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.9088.1 For Windows 10 64-bit.
Improve system stability & Support Windows 10 latest version.

Could you tell me if that one is correct?

Thanks,

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Follow to the letter the indications of my previous post, with SS3 Cleaner tool, not only the CLEANUP/INSTALL processes.

Anything is possible, I'm not a guesser, but if you don't let Armoury Crate update your drivers (and more precisely the Realtek Audio Drivers), chances are you won't have any more issues, indeed.

The installation method used by ASUS can actually cause conflicts with Windows Update.

The driver packages I offer are drivers only, using an Microsoft official install method (via Microsoft PnPUtil), which are Windows Update Ready (i.e. even if Windows Update updates an item of the drivers package, it will not generate any conflict or other oddities).

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

I will install as you said.
First I will remove the old driver and clean it with SS3_Cleaner.
Then;
AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_MB_v6.0.9191.1
I will run Install.cmd from inside the file and install it as administrator.
Lastly, from the links you shared.
I will install Realtek Audio, Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar applications.

I hope I don't have the same problem again.
Because it's very frustrating.

Apart from that, uninstalling and installing Armory Crate is really tedious. Because when I Uninstall and reinstall, the motherboard does not see the RGB lights. Or it happens that it does not see the keyboard or mouse light along with the motherboard.
I have to format the windows to get it back to the way it was.
AMD RYZEN 9 7900X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI | ASUS ROG STRIX LC III 360 ARGB | G.SKILL TridentZ5 NEO RGB 2X24GB 6400Mhz CL32 | ASUS TUF Radeon RX 7800XT | Asus ROG Strix SCOPE | Asus ROG GLADIUS II CORE | XPG SX8200PRO 2x2TB nVME | XPG SX8100 2x2TB nVME | Corsair RM1000x Shift 80+ Gold | Corsair 5000D Case

MoKiChU
Level 40
dwberg09 wrote:
-do i have to have to use 7zip?

As explained previously, I recommended it to avoid ZoneID blocking trouble, but it is not an imperative, you can even use the Windows Explorer built-in decompression tool.

But if you don't use 7-Zip context menu to extract your .zip, you will have to :

- For each downloaded .zip : ZoneID unblock the .zip (Right click on the .zip file > Properties > Check the box Unblock > OK).

or

- Disable the ZoneID blocking completely (you will no longer have to unblock each downloaded .zip, whatever the decompression tool you use) :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Launch then type gpedit.msc > OK
- User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager
- Do not preserve zone information in file attachment : Enabled > OK

dwberg09 wrote:
-for the future just to clarify what you said, when you post an update i will update it then go back with driver store explorer to delete old driver (the one im dowloading today 6.0.9231.1 WHQL [31/08/2021])

Correct. You will have to follow directly the UPDATE process then, optionally, delete old drivers via Driver Store Explorer.

dwberg09 wrote:
or do the cleanup process first?

No, the CLEANUP process is only necessary during the first install (in order to start on a healthy basis), or if you have an issue.

MoKiChU wrote:
As explained previously, I recommended it to avoid ZoneID blocking trouble, but it is not an imperative, you can even use the Windows Explorer built-in decompression tool.

But if you don't use 7-Zip context menu to extract your .zip, you will have to :

- For each downloaded .zip : ZoneID unblock the .zip (Right click on the .zip file > Properties > Check the box Unblock > OK).

or

- Disable the ZoneID blocking completely (you will no longer have to unblock each downloaded .zip, whatever the decompression tool you use) :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Launch then type gpedit.msc > OK
- User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager
- Do not preserve zone information in file attachment : Enabled > OK

Correct. You will have to follow directly the UPDATE process then, optionally, delete old drivers via Driver Store Explorer.

No, the CLEANUP process is only necessary during the first install (in order to start on a healthy basis), or if you have an issue.

Got it thank you very much! I just installed everything.

Sonic suite companion popped up to download sonic studio. I downloaded sonic studio. Now, do I need the sonic suite companion? my options are run companion at startup or uninstall companion. The only thing clickable is uninstall companion or the run companion at startup checkmark then thats it just minimizes in task bar if i exit out of it and when i reopen the same thing. Sonic Studio also will close out on me.

-Is there a microsoft bus controller I need for audio? im not seeing I have one

-Also is it normal not to see realtek audio driver in the add/remove programs?

I apologize for all the questions but defiently like my title says im a new ROGer lol
I cant wait to test some audio and most importantly hear footsteps in games again!

dwberg09 wrote:
Sonic suite companion popped up to download sonic studio. I downloaded sonic studio. Now, do I need the sonic suite companion? my options are run companion at startup or uninstall companion. The only thing clickable is uninstall companion or the run companion at startup checkmark then thats it just minimizes in task bar if i exit out of it and when i reopen the same thing. Sonic Studio also will close out on me.

Hi,

SS3 Companion has been set up by A-Volute to check/update your version of SS3 app & SS3 APO driver.

For people who follow me, this tool is useless, you can disable the launch of the SS3 Companion on Windows startup via SS3 Companion GUI, but for people who do not follow me, it allows them to have their SS3 app & SS3 APO driver up to date.

dwberg09 wrote:
-Is there a microsoft bus controller I need for audio? im not seeing I have one

Everything you need is contained in your drivers package.

dwberg09 wrote:
-Also is it normal not to see realtek audio driver in the add/remove programs?

Yes that's normal (Drivers Only), if one day you want uninstall your Realtek Audio Drivers, just follow your CLEANUP process as explained previously.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

SS3 Companion has been set up by A-Volute to check/update your version of SS3 app & SS3 APO driver.

For people who follow me, this tool is useless, you can disable the launch of the SS3 Companion on Windows startup via SS3 Companion GUI, but for people who do not follow me, it allows them to have their SS3 app & SS3 APO driver up to date.

Yes that's normal (Drivers Only), if one day you want uninstall your Realtek Audio Drivers, just follow your CLEANUP process as explained previously.

thank you so much! Have a great day!

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Â*
I got one more question the driver says Realtek and not Realtek high definition how do I get the high definition part? Do I need a different driver or is there a way to enable it and for it to say high definition?Â*

dwberg09 wrote:
Â*
I got one more question the driver says Realtek and not Realtek high definition how do I get the high definition part? Do I need a different driver or is there a way to enable it and for it to say high definition?Â*

Again, everything you need is contained in your drivers package. You don't have to touch or enable anything.

All depends on the generation of your motherboard :

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx) | UAD : Realtek Audio in Device Manager
[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx) | HDA : Realtek High Definition Audio in Device Manager

MoKiChU wrote:
Again, everything you need is contained in your drivers package. You don't have to touch or enable anything.

All depends on the generation of your motherboard :

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx) | UAD : Realtek Audio in Device Manager
[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx) | HDA : Realtek High Definition Audio in Device Manager

I have Asus z390e with i7-9700k wouldn't I use this one then Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)? (SS1/SS2)?

dwberg09 wrote:
I have Asus z390e with i7-9700k wouldn't I use this one then Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)? (SS1/SS2)?

No, I have already told you which drivers package to use with your motherboard.

Please do not waste my time asking questions that I have already answered.