cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9655.1 WHQL [12/03/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link
 
 
ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

Drivers : 6.0.9655.1 WHQL [12/03/2024]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

Drivers : 6.0.9655.1 WHQL [12/03/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]
Download : Link

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

Drivers : 6.0.9655.1 WHQL [12/03/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

Drivers : 6.0.9655.1 WHQL [12/03/2024]
DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
Download : Link

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

Drivers : 6.0.9655.1 WHQL [12/03/2024]
DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]
Download : Link

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.


OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.


TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
1,784,754 Views
3,047 REPLIES 3,047

Klemc
Level 9

Hello, i'm on ROG STRIX B650E-E board, last on site is 6.3.9600.2333, can i just use your uploaded (ROG) file, then use Device Manager and, upate driver only, instead (my PC's offline) ?!

 

Thanks.ALC4800

All or Nothing

Hi,

You are in the wrong thread.

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS-DTS) or Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Legacy) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40 & Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Thans a lot,

 

 

 

So i noted down process, and i'm confused bc :

it says about 1-UNINSTALL process,
then 2a-INSTALL ans 2b-UPDATE,

but UPDATE quotes : "Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store".

So basically letting me understand that apps don't have to be uninstalled ?..
and also, if i use only driver update by Device Manager it should be the same than using the .bat file, and for MSStore apps updated i can grab them online !

Right ?.. i'll use he latest non-legacy !

All or Nothing

Where did you read that you have to follow your UPDATE process right after following your INSTALL process ? 

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Note : Again, your are in the wrong thread for your motherboard, please post in the appropriate thread for your motherboard henceforth and stop posting here.

cammy8580
Level 7

Hey, what would I install for a ROG STRIX B560-A GAMING WIFI board?

Also, if I don't want to use any of the extra Nahimic/DTS stuff, would I just install the ROG/TUF/PRIME driver?


@cammy8580 wrote:

Hey, what would I install for a ROG STRIX B560-A GAMING WIFI board?


Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.


@cammy8580 wrote:

Also, if I don't want to use any of the extra Nahimic/DTS stuff, would I just install the ROG/TUF/PRIME driver?


No, you cannot choose a drivers package type, each drivers package type is dedicated to each motherboards type.

If you don't want SS3 apps just don't install them. However if you don't want SS3 drivers either (of which Nahimic Service), just follow this (know that you will lose the use of your equalizer if you do that, since your EQ is based on SS3 APO) :

To get rid of SS3 app/drivers :

1) Cleanup : Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process.
2) Install : Delete the A-Volute folder from AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_v6.0.xxxx.x\Drivers folder then follow scrupulously your INSTALL process (without installing SS3 apps).​

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process (always after having delete the A-Volute folder from AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_v6.0.xxxx.x\Drivers folder).

J_Bish
Level 10

I feel bad.... Mokichu does this for users not for ASUS... If you want to know what drivers to use, install the stock driver from your motherboards support page, then look in your apps drawer it will tell you (realtek panel, dts version etc) Stop being so lazy and go through the processes before asking which/what/and how... No reason for to explain this every 5 posts to folks. 

I agree, Mokichu does a lot for this community. 10 kudos for your comment…


@J_Bish wrote:

I feel bad.... Mokichu does this for users not for ASUS... If you want to know what drivers to use, install the stock driver from your motherboards support page, then look in your apps drawer it will tell you (realtek panel, dts version etc) Stop being so lazy and go through the processes before asking which/what/and how... No reason for to explain this every 5 posts to folks. 


I was fully aware of what drivers my board needed prior to this, and I have been watching this thread for a while. The reason why I was SPECIFICALLY asking was because I was betting that the users, like you said, would help me out in what drivers could be installed on my board, especially considering that in previous updates of the ROG/TUF/PRIME drivers allowed me to install them on the same board and had almost 1:1 functionality without all of the extra prepackaged garbage that harms users like me who attempt to try to use HRTF and EAX.

Giving advice for people to use the awfully packaged ASUS-provided drivers also isn't really a great thing to do, especially considering ASUS's awful reputation for providing any sort of instruction for software, alongside multiple .bat files and .exes that all are extremely misleading to a user. (I STILL don't know which one properly installs everything on the ASUS provided drivers.)

Don't know why you feel as if I was disrespecting MoKiChU by leaving a question when the questions I asked weren't of any sort of malice or lack of consideration. I specifically and ONLY asked what drivers were geared for my board, and if any of the extra SS3/DTS stuff could be bypassed by a driver that looked from a first glance that it could've been a barebones driver. I wasn't demanding him of any sort of 1-by-1 instruction.

The entire topic of Realtek drivers are unfortunately extremely convoluted for no discernable reason. Sorry that apparently asking for some sort of support on a topic that isn't that easy to weave through in a forum is somehow a problem.

By the way, Thanks, MoKiChU. I really appreciate all of the hard work you've put in for years to give users an easier time with drivers than ASUS can provide themselves.


First lets clarify this... The post was a whole thread comment, NOT a @cammy8580  dig or pointing out of a certain post or user... I apologize if you feel it was solely directed at you, it was not as stated... Have a great day....✌️✌️

@cammy8580 wrote:

@J_Bish wrote:

I feel bad.... Mokichu does this for users not for ASUS... If you want to know what drivers to use, install the stock driver from your motherboards support page, then look in your apps drawer it will tell you (realtek panel, dts version etc) Stop being so lazy and go through the processes before asking which/what/and how... No reason for to explain this every 5 posts to folks. 


I was fully aware of what drivers my board needed prior to this, and I have been watching this thread for a while. The reason why I was SPECIFICALLY asking was because I was betting that the users, like you said, would help me out in what drivers could be installed on my board, especially considering that in previous updates of the ROG/TUF/PRIME drivers allowed me to install them on the same board and had almost 1:1 functionality without all of the extra prepackaged garbage that harms users like me who attempt to try to use HRTF and EAX.

Giving advice for people to use the awfully packaged ASUS-provided drivers also isn't really a great thing to do, especially considering ASUS's awful reputation for providing any sort of instruction for software, alongside multiple .bat files and .exes that all are extremely misleading to a user. (I STILL don't know which one properly installs everything on the ASUS provided drivers.)

Don't know why you feel as if I was disrespecting MoKiChU by leaving a question when the questions I asked weren't of any sort of malice or lack of consideration. I specifically and ONLY asked what drivers were geared for my board, and if any of the extra SS3/DTS stuff could be bypassed by a driver that looked from a first glance that it could've been a barebones driver. I wasn't demanding him of any sort of 1-by-1 instruction.

The entire topic of Realtek drivers are unfortunately extremely convoluted for no discernable reason. Sorry that apparently asking for some sort of support on a topic that isn't that easy to weave through in a forum is somehow a problem.

By the way, Thanks, MoKiChU. I really appreciate all of the hard work you've put in for years to give users an easier time with drivers than ASUS can provide themselves.