cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA (6x/7x/8x/9x)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel Chipset Drivers :

Package : 10.1.18010.8141 WHQL [24/04/2019]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "CHIPSET_Intel_vxx.x.xxxxx.xxxx.exe"

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 8x/9x : 11.7.0.1057 WHQL [19/11/2017]
Drivers - 6x/7x : 11.0.5.1189 WHQL [28/03/2016]
Download - 8x/9x : Link
Download - 6x/7x : Link

Install/Update Process :

- Press Windows key + X > Device Manager > Right-click on your Intel MEI device > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse... > Select the extracted drivers folder (MEI_Intel_v...) > Next

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 8x/9x : 14.8.18.1066 WHQL [06/07/2017]
Drivers - 6x/7x : 12.9.4.1000 WHQL [07/04/2014]
Download - 8x/9x : Link
Download - 6x/7x : Link

Install/Update Process :

- Press Windows key + X > Device Manager > Right-click on your Intel SATA device > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse... > Select the extracted drivers folder (SATA_AHCI-RAID_Intel_v...) > Next

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x series chipsets.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).
26 REPLIES 26

Axle Grease wrote:
Does a blank Limit field mean that the driver does not support message signaled interrupts even if the hardware device does?

No this is not a rule, for example look at your Intel MEI, MSI is enabled by default and yet there is no Limit/Priority set.

Axle Grease wrote:
For a Quadro driver, the MSI field would be ticked and the Limit would be filled in, correct?

Yes the MSI will be activated by default, but the Limit/Priority will not necessarily be set.

Axle Grease wrote:
The second condition where driver limit is not implement is when "Limit >= Max Limit". At least, that's how I read your statement. The above pic highlights 4 instances where Limit is >= Max Limit. Why is there a Limit value at all if it is not implemented?

These are not conditions that I list but the different cases for driver limit not implemented :

- No line of code for Limit in the driver
or
- Line of code present but Limit value set >= Max Limit, that is to say that the Limit is well set (not blank), but that it does not restrict the Max Limit (hardware limit).

MoKiChU wrote:
No this is not a rule, for example look at your Intel MEI, MSI is enabled by default and yet there is no Limit/Priority set.

Yes the MSI will be activated by default, but the Limit/Priority will not necessarily be set.

These are not conditions that I list but the different cases for driver limit not implemented :
- No line of code for Limit in the driver
or
- Line of code present but Limit value set >= Max Limit, that is to say that the Limit is well set (not blank), but that it does not restrict the Max Limit (hardware limit).

Got it. Thanks for helping me make sense of that utility.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown

sorry for asking I am a bit confused with the 9X in the title
are these drivers for x99 chipset? I have X99 Strix
thanks!

Toutsi wrote:
thanks!

Hi,

Yes of course. 9x mean Intel 9x series chipsets (H97/Z97/X99).

Toutsi wrote:
thanks!

Yes they are. You can locate your Intel chipset series number by opening Device Manager and expanding the "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" category.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown

MoKiChU wrote:
@XYchromosone : Thank you but please, it's a thread for motherboards with Intel 9x series chipsets not 3xx series chipset. If everyone posts everything anywhere we're not going to make it ...

OOps my bad, I misunderstood 9x as 9th GEN intel CPUs, not chipset. My only excuse is since I have been on chemotherapy since last August for Pancreatic cancer my brain is not working like it used to, due to serious side effects. Yes, I think I will use that as an excuse and hope you accept my humble apologies. Have a wonderful day.

XYchromosone wrote:
OOps my bad, I misunderstood 9x as 9th GEN intel CPUs, not chipset. My only excuse is since I have been on chemotherapy since last August for Pancreatic cancer my brain is not working like it used to, due to serious side effects. Yes, I think I will use that as an excuse and hope you accept my humble apologies. Have a wonderful day.

Hi,

You don't need to apologize or anything, no worries 😉

Hi all, are all these drivers compatible with my MSI Gaming 9 ACK X99A motherboard ?

I ask because when i used the "check.cmd" from the ME_Intel_v9.1.40.1000 zip, I got greeted with this message; (does this mean I just don't have Intel ME ? I thought I did ...?

CSME checker says this...? Im lost ?? am I supposed to even have this ME thing ?

CPU info

xlr8r wrote:
Hi all, are all these drivers compatible with my MSI Gaming 9 ACK X99A motherboard ?

I ask because when i used the "check.cmd" from the ME_Intel_v9.1.40.1000 zip, I got greeted with this message; (does this mean I just don't have Intel ME ? I thought I did ...?

CSME checker says this...? Im lost ?? am I supposed to even have this ME thing ?

Hi,

You need install Intel MEI drivers (from the first post of this thread) before update your Intel ME firmware :

Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :
Drivers - 8x/9x

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You need install Intel MEI drivers (from the first post of this thread) before update your Intel ME firmware :

Ok thanks, I'm a bit unsure what i need to do in order to update properly. I did manage to get this info (below) from ME Analyzer if it helps ?

I pointed the latest (but now old) BIOS file into ME Analyzer to get this info;