cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Block Compositions??

KMandalore
Level 7
So i have a Formula Vi and Dual Poseidons I have been curious as to what the water blocks are made of and I still haven't found that information after searching for days.. My real question is as i get ready to install my first custom loop will the metals react. Now i no that metals shouldn't react with each other but i also know that most of the **** in my p.c. are made of composites so that worries me... I could use a few pointers here....
10 REPLIES 10

jab383
Level 13
The M6F water channel over the VRMs is aluminum with a heavy anodized layer for protection. As long as the anodize is intact, the aluminum will not be available for any reaction. Any scratch along the water path, though ...

Jeff

Nate152
Hello KMandalore

You will have no worries mixing copper and aluminum with this coolant.

http://koolance.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=58

I've used copper waterblocks with my aluminum radiator for a few years with no problems.

KMandalore
Level 7
Thanks everyone for your replies. @ Nate152 is it really wise to use a dyed Coolant as opposed to Distilled water??

Antronman
Level 10
I believe Koolance's coolants are all deionized.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Nate152
They both have their pros and cons. Distilled water can give a little better temps but you have to add a silver kill coil or a biocide to inhibit biological growth and galvanic corrosion where coolants already have it.

Have a read through this.

http://www.overclockers.com/pc-water-coolant-chemistry-part-ii/

Antronman
Level 10
I also forgot to mention conductivity.

Aluminum < Acetal < Copper < Nickel <<< Silver. Silver is one the most thermally conductive metals.

Actually, that is incorrect.

After fact-checking, it appears nickel is far worse than copper.

So the Cuplex Kryos XT .925 blocks are as good as it gets.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

KMandalore
Level 7
i understand chemical activity series. and i also know that H20 is a great solvent.. Ek offers replacement blocks for the mobo should i look into that..

Nate152
I would use the cross chill and koolance coolant, but if you want to replace it with another block by all means please do.