cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Lian Li o11d XL can control your aRGB

Cheeseburger
Level 8
Hello!

I have this o11d XL wich has enough room and many features to try some interesting things, one of them is that you can syncronize your aRGB items with the LED strip that came with the case.

How?
FIRST OF ALL, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE POLARITY OR A BIG DAMAGE MAY HAPPEN

On the page 10 from the manual you can find that the Led Strip Control Board has one empty connector that you can use ( JP3).

This connector ( JP3 that I marked with "Send this to the hub") )is a PH2.0 with 3 pin terminal, so you need the female terminal on one end and the standard female VDG connector on the other side, you can find it on amazon.
Then connect this cable to one ARGB to VDG adapter (Amazon again) as in the picture. Please, PAY TOO MUCH ATTENTION TO THE POLARITY, if you made it wrong a disaster could happen.

My recommendation is that once you get them connected, check the polarity with a multitester so you can be sure that the +5V is correctly attached to the +5V pin on the ARGB cnnector, do the the same for the Ground pin

Then connect the argb terminal to the aRGB IN (or source) terminal of one POWERED hub, after that, you can connect any argb item to the hub.

Remember that you must use a powered hub like this one in the picture (or any other powered hub.)

ONCE AGAIN. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE POLARITY, CHECK IT TWICE (OR MORE) BEFORE TURN POWER ON.

2 REPLIES 2

MattB000
Level 7

Hi I've been searching for a couple hours on amazon for the cables, but can't find one of them. Can you provide a link? I can find the VD to ARGB one, just not the other. Thanks!

grimmwrath
Level 7

Thanks for this! Perfect timing for me - I'm working on a client's O11D XL ROG that's missing the SATA power and motherboard sync cables. I'm very familiar with cables/sleeving, but I needed an idea what to use to make a new cable for it. This post answered my questions.

On most social/gaming sites I'm OldManGrimm.