cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

______RESURREKTION______

MonsterMawd
Level 12
Thanks @ DarthBeavis who referred me to Brian, who invited me to join ROG and share my work here.

This is a resurrection of a personal project I started years ago titled "Psychosis". Half way into it, I decided the P-1 era chassis wouldn't fit my vision. After reviewing CM's 912 basic and seeing that they just started their annual mod contest, I figured I would "resurrect" the project and use the 912 chassis. This is a personal build, not be confused my Bio-Mechanical PC project which is still shelved until I've reached some decisions on it.

Painting the chassis FLAT BLACK Enamel.

The HD will be mounted on the bezel. Here is the windowed shell for the HD.

Mounted the rear vents

56 REPLIES 56

Ditching the front HD, I'm using SSD instead, and need to mount Stainless Steel reservoir, made by Cheapskate for the Lanboy Apocalypse build from 4 years ago... This is for the Crossfire GPU liquid loop. To hold the res, I'm using this vented anodized aluminum panel I cannibalized from NZXT Khaos full tower few years ago. I will be mounting Black plastic flexible conduit between the fins.

Made mesh shroud for the D5 water pump and Alphacool Black Acetal top, and waiting for fittings to arrive for GPU loop.

*Hardware Labs Black ICE NEMESIS 120GTS with Scythe 120mm fan for CPU loop

*Hardware Labs Black ICE NEMESIS 360GTX with Panaflo L1A 120mm fans for GPU loop with Black acrylic 3.120 / 360 PC Radiator grill, "H" design reminded me of HR GIGER

Using spring loaded res bracket from I&H, I like how they look like claws, he gave me these before I&H closed their doors few years ago.

Apogee XL cpu waterblock and EK 190 reservoir installed with Primochill Ghost Revolver fittings, ready bending PETG tubing.

Thank you for tuning in and commenting, and hope everything is ok with friends and family in Ukraine!

For the liquid loops, I'm using Clear Plastic PETG Tubing from Excelon. This is the same material used to make Pop bottles, so it won't stain and it's also shatter resistant. Video of PETG tubing for PC hardline. Primochill Clear version of PETG isn't any different than what McMaster sells for less, which is purchased and resold direct from Excelon, who is largest manufacturer of PETG.

Purchase PETG Tubing, 1/2" OD x 3/8" ID, McMaster.com #9245K21

PETG only works with Fittings for 1/2" OD Tubing, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2yZsIzHYdg

PDF Data Sheet for PETG Tubing made by Excelon
http://www.thermoplasticprocesses.com/sites/default/files/tpi-petg.pdf

I'm using Primoshill "Revolver" compression fittings, but I've painted mine Matte Black.

Here are the steps involved in working with PETG, same identical procedure as cutting and bending the Acrylic tubing from Primochill, so here are the photos I used for the Frozen Tech Station build for FrozenCPU.

I'm using a Jewelers hand saw, but Hack saw with bi-metal cutting blade also works great.

Cutting down the PETG tubing to length

To clean and debur edges of the PETG plastic tubing, you can use hand file or medium grit sandpaper. I've opted for quicker solution and used Plumber's tubing reamer. You can pick-up these Tubing / Pipe Reamers at most Home Improvement Stores, in their Plumbing Aisle. Pretty handy tool for this task, so placed a bulk wholesale order and stocking them here, Acrylic / PETG / Pipe / Tubing Reamer

Place reamer on flat surface, hold it in place, apply pressure while twisting or rotating tube clockwise or counter clockwise*between three blades, then flip reamer upside down and repeat for inner diameter.

...then flip reamer upside down and repeat for inner diameter.

It does decent job...*you can also use medium grit sandpaper or hand file as alternative*

Place Primshill "Revolver" compression fitting shell over PETG tube first, then o-ring

then insert tubing into compression fitting...

Silicone Fill Tubing, insert into PETG Tubing, 1/2" OD x 3/8" ID, ordered from McMaster.com #9245K21

Dip the Silicone Fill Tubing in Dish Soap water

Insert Silicone Fill tubing into the .5" PETG tube before heating the Tubing.

Hold the PETG tubing around 4" above the heat, and keep rotating the PETG tubing over the heat.

PETG tubing is easy to bend by hand, but if you prefer, I made this PETG Tubing Bending Jig, from Acrylic!

I made it from .5" Clear Acrylic scrap from the workshop. For the bends, I used these aluminum PC case feet Billet PC Case Feet for two different sized PETG tubing bends.

1-3/4" pc case foot diameter, https://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-stereo-desktop-case-feet/grooved-pc-computer-stereo-rack-server-cas...

1" diameter pc case foot, https://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-stereo-desktop-case-feet/mini-itx-pc-case-feet.html

Placing .5" OD PETG Tubing along channel and 1" case foot, to create 90 degree bend.

I could have never done with type of bend with .5" OD flex tubing, without it kinking

The Swiftech Apogee XL's custom faceplate was designed by E.E.L. Ambiense, which I had laser cut locally. If you're interested in having a custom faceplate designed or made for your Apogee XL, Contact the good folks at Performance-Pcs, who also offer a vast array of pre-made custom covers here, http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_descript...

guys please vote for me, so that i can become roger too . Paste any of the three lines from this post to this thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48981-***4K-UHD-Wallpaper-Competition***-Rules-and-voting&c...

Rench – Post #548
Rench – Post #567
Rench – Post #541

Rench – Post #546
Rench – Post #399
Rench – Post #463
Rench – Post #464
Rench – Post #469
Rench – Post #517
Rench – Post #539
Rench – Post #589
Rench9 – Post #663
Rench – Post #593

Thanks for kind words Mike!

ADATA was founded the same year as Mnpctech, in 2001. I've used ADATA DDR and SSDs in several of our custom PC builds for it's reliability and their exceptional customer support. This project will utilize 32GB ADATA XPG DDR3 and 256GB Preimere Pro SP920SS SSD.

I've worked with AMD on several different projects. My first build for them was Project Phenom for 2006 Cebit Sow in Germany. AMD delivers good performance for your dollar. I'm using two Radeon R9 270X video cards with Copper blocks from Syscooling.

The loop layout and selection of fittings hasn't been finalized in these photos.

thats soo true!!! .....altho, still rocking the nearly 3 yr old sabertooth motherboard, but I love it.

I gave the PETG tubing a weathered and aged look by airbrushing it with Matte Black paint. Doing this created an eerie reflective glow on the tubing from the illuminated Green Apogee XL waterblock cover.

Awesome to hear! The skull was created from a motorcycle taillight, flex conduit tubing and lego pieces.

I was honored that Computer Power User magazine asked to feature my Tribute to HR GIGER. I hope that it inspires people to check out his art that may not have associated or recognized his name before.

They share digital version of their monthly publications for free here,
http://www.computerpoweruser.com/DigitalIssues/ComputerPowerUser/CP____1411__/