cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project P42

PasLis
Level 9
Its time for a new project.

Again im making a scratchbuild.This time im making a dual itx lan case.March 29 there is a lan party near my town and that day its my son's 7th birthday.The name P42 stands for "Party for two "so im taking this case to the lan with my son at his first lan party.

The render.

The case will look almost the same as the render when its finisht but knowing some things always change when im fabricating.This time im using air cooling.

The hardware.

2x Intel i5 3570
2x Zotac Z77 -ITX Wifi
2x Zotac GTX 670 AMP Edition
2x DDR 3 8GB memory (Merk weet ik nog niet )
2x Cooler Master silent pro M2 420w
2x SSD 128gb ( Merk weet ik nog niet )
2x HDD Samsung ecogreen 1TB
2x Cooler Master TPC 800

Sponsors :

Time to start on this project.

First i want to thank Zotac for their awesome sponsoring.2x GTX 670 AMP edition and 2x Z77 itx wifi boards.

Thanks a lot Zotac and specially Chris.

Also Cooler Master is sponsoring my project with 2x CM silent pro M2 420w psu and 2x TPC 800 cpu coolers.

Thanks a lot Cooler Master and specially Marco.

Time to fabricate.

First i made the frame off 20x20x3mm stainless steel

Then it was time to make the front for this i used 1,5mm steel.

Made all the pieces i need by hand and spotwelded them togheter.

35 REPLIES 35

tadhp
Level 10
Looking great.

:cool:
CPU : Intel i7-3960X MB : Rampage IV Extreme 3101 Mem : G.SKILL F3-17000CL9Q2-32GBZH
GPU : MSI R7970 Lightning PSU : Corsair 1000W OS : W 7 Ultimate Corsair H100 Water cool
SSD : 120GB Kingston Hyper X SSD : 512GB Samsung 480 Pro HDD : 2X 1T WD Speaker : Bose companion 5
Cooler Master
HAF-X Monitor : ASUS PB278Q

PasLis
Level 9
Thanks tadhp. 😄

DeZaXaT
Level 9
Just great 😄
CPU: Intel i7 4930K | COOLER: Corsair H100i Extreme Performance | MB: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9 | SSD: 2 x Corsair Force GT 120GB | SSD: Crucial MX300 750GB | HDD: WD 640GB | VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 4GB 512-bit | PSU: Seasonic X-series 850W | CASE: Cooler Master HAF X | MONITORS: 2 x Benq XL2411Z | SOUND: Sennheiser G4ME ZERO + TteSports Bahamut | MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder Chroma | PAD: SteelSeries QCK Heavy

Update 3.

This weekend i start working on the custom fancovers and backplates for the vidcards.
I am using aircooling in this project so the vidcards needed some attention.First i want to announce Noiseblocker as a sponsor for this build.

Thanks a lot Noiseblocker for sponsoring this project.

De casefans 2x 140 - 4x 120 en 2x 80mm black silent fans.

Thanks again Noiseblocker and specially Sebastian.

Lets get to work.First the parts were cutt and after that i bended and sanded the parts.

After that it was time to paint the parts with primer.

Then i sanded the parts again and painted them with black and yellow.After that i finished the parts with some varnish.

The endresult.

Next thing to do is paint the vidcard fans and then mount everything together.

This was it for today.

Thanks to my sponsors.

PasLis
Level 9
Thanks DeZaXaT. 🙂

Giannis996
Level 9
nice build!! can i ask you something? im trying to case mod my corsair 650D and i need som weilding do you know if the metareial that my case is made of (i think iron because magnet sticks) can handle the temperature of the weilding?? i dunno excactly if its possible what im trying to do with which weilding machine to do that..can you suggest me one or even tell me whats yours if i can do it with it??? (sorry for the poor english i havent write anything similar to this in new to case mod and this field for me is still unknown! 🙂
Project Name: System Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
Prossesor: Intel Core i7 4820k
Graphic Card: Asus GTX Titan x2
*Power Supply: Cooler Master V850
Ram: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
SSD: 2x Samsung Evo 250Gb Raid 0
HDD: 2x Seagate Baraccuda 2TB

kkn
Level 14
what sort of welding machine do you have acces to Giannis?
TIG can be used ( like PasLis is using if im not mistaken ) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_tungsten_arc_welding
and yes the steel CAN flex when you weld becouse of the heat it generates.
but you may be lucky if you do it over time ( few mins apart so it have time to cool down a bit ), but no guarantee ( tak weld and let it cool and tak and cool. ( typo i know ) ).

Giannis996
Level 9
i think i have an argon welder but as far as i know the steel of my case is too thin and it might flex as you said...thats why im asking...if im mistaken let me know guys i think i can cool and tak and cool xDas you said, at least i can try or ill make my father do it for me xD

Giannis996 wrote:
nice build!! can i ask you something? im trying to case mod my corsair 650D and i need som weilding do you know if the metareial that my case is made of (i think iron because magnet sticks) can handle the temperature of the weilding?? i dunno excactly if its possible what im trying to do with which weilding machine to do that..can you suggest me one or even tell me whats yours if i can do it with it??? (sorry for the poor english i havent write anything similar to this in new to case mod and this field for me is still unknown! 🙂

Well sure you can weld it but first a few things.If the material that you gonna weld is coated then first remove all the coating.The welding can be done with TIG or MIG.If you stopweld it and lett it cool down before you give it another spotweld you will be safe.

kkn wrote:
what sort of welding machine do you have acces to Giannis?
TIG can be used ( like PasLis is using if im not mistaken ) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_tungsten_arc_welding
and yes the steel CAN flex when you weld becouse of the heat it generates.
but you may be lucky if you do it over time ( few mins apart so it have time to cool down a bit ), but no guarantee ( tak weld and let it cool and tak and cool. ( typo i know ) ).

Indeed kkn if you want to be safe do it that way.

Giannis996 wrote:
i think i have an argon welder but as far as i know the steel of my case is too thin and it might flex as you said...thats why im asking...if im mistaken let me know guys i think i can cool and tak and cool xDas you said, at least i can try or ill make my father do it for me xD

To be safe get a piece of the same steel to try it first before you going to weld the case.

Giannis996
Level 9
is there any chance you know what kind of steel my case has?? (i dont know what exactly it is because magnets stick on my case i thought they cant on steel....) i think it is made out of iron