cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Project Log] 8-Bit Baron Nashor Case Mod WiP by 8-Bit Builder

thorkon
Level 8
Hi, I'm 8-Bit Builder and a New Year= A New Pixel Mod! I've been playing a lot of League of Legends for the past 2 years and decided I wanted to do something in that game world. Though my builds are usually based off old game sprites, the Baron Nashor is not traditionally pixelated (unless your running a weak gaming pc of course 😄 ) I made an exception for this.

Goal:
- Replacing my old HTPC with a new one (albeit bigger)
- Able to have some kick for gaming

Components:
ASUS Maximus VI Impact Mini-ITX
CPU INTEL|CORE I5 4670K
8GB DDR3
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply
Graphic Card: Haven't gotten this yet. Keeping my options open atm but havent decided on what to get. Keeping aneye for something good to go on the sale during the build process. For the meanwhile I have a older card to be a placeholder.
SSD: 250gb
HDD: 2 TB

Mock up design:

The clear squares will be plexiglass, the eyes will light up, and the teeth will light up also.

Build Process:
This is a large build and will be 2 feet wide and almost 5 feet tall once finished. Definitely my tallest build yet! This is the base of the build.

It's only my first day building so I dont have much more than this but I'll have a lot more pictures/work done in a few days and possibly the whole model (unpainted) finished in 2 weeks. Keep an eye out!
12 REPLIES 12

thorkon
Level 8
Big pic update! 😄

Heres the lower jaw with LEDs wired throughout

Lower jaw and upper head combined and put on the body. Can see the LEDs hanging out and about

Time to get some dentures in

Little side head got his eyes going too 😄

This is the small board that houses all the LEDs hidden inside the head by a small latch/door system

Now just finishing up the inward swinging window/fans/component placements! Then to the dreaded painting/taping 😞

thorkon
Level 8
Got the window and just about the rest of it done:

Put some "tails" on it

On the dreaded painting stage. Oh man do I hate painting. And its taking about 5 coats of paint to cover it well, so it's becoming monotonous 😞

Finished!
Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o4G5Ks_v-I

Power button is the circle: