cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project: APASF ("A Post-Apocalyptic Steampunk Future") (Final Pictures 29-03-2013)

Luciel
Level 7
Hello everyone.

This is my new "Main" project, after two small projects, one for a client and the other one being the tutorial project, this being the first main project since Fallout Cause SP back in December 2011.

I´ve had this idea in my head for years now, and you could say all of my projects in the last year and a half have simply been "tests" for techniques, both paint and structural modification in order to get ready for this one.

The concept is as far as I know something that has never been done before. Mixing the post-apocalyptic style with the steampunk style in a small slimline case (the same model in fact as I used for the fallout cause sp project). The reason for this is that it gives me a compact canvas to concentrate details and because the parts do not fit, they give me a modular look that I´ve always liked since I saw the original thermaltake Level 10 case (the first one, not the redesigned GT version).

This project is being sponsored by:

Some are new and some have been with me since the begining, either way I´d like to thank all of them for their support and amazing products!

I don´t normally list the hardware I will be using on my projects, but for the first time, this project will actually become my main PC so here are the basic details.

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3
Intel i7 2700K
Kingston HyperX 16Gb DDR3 1866Mhz
2x Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb in RAID
2x MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti TwinFreeze OC 2Gb in SLI
NZXT HALE90-M-850w
B-Move Slim II Case

As for the rest of componentes, cooling and accesories, you´ll see them as they get mounted.
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs
36 REPLIES 36

kkn
Level 14
real nice mister!!!!!!!

holy crap , thats one awesome piece of work ! But won't the cards get more dust than usual ?

Thanks guys.

Tes a bit more, but oh well
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs

Karmageddon
Level 7
I would have to say that i am quite impressed. When i first saw the case you were going to use, i was like "Ewww, that case is horrible and its going to ruin his build". But after seeing the final project, "wow" is all i can say now. Are you going to be doing some sort of custom sleeved cables for this project?

My Build

I7 3730k at 4.7 ghz
H100
16gb Corsair Dominator GT RAM at 1866 mhz
2 x Asus GTX DCU2 670's overclocked at 1258 mhz
1 x 1tb Storage Drive
1 x 2 tb Game Drive
1x 60 gb SSD Boot Drive
CoolerMaster HAF X
Kingwin Lazer 1000w

Cheers mate : )

You should check out the previous project "Fallout Cause SP" also posted on here, I used the same case, fully converting it aswell with an integrated screen and everything ; )

About the sleeving, I´m not sure yet, I have a few ideas I want to try out and basically I´ll stick with the best one, sleeving is one of them.
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs

Luciel
Level 7
Update:

I´ve been fighting for the last two weeks with the tubing, I´m still trying to fix the leak on one of the outputs on the reservoir, the other two leaks have been fixed (I took apart those sections and reinforced the joints with teflon which seals it quite nicely, for whatever reason that doesn´t seem to be working with the reservoir.

I have a couple of options I will be trying on monday, hopefully one of them will work. Worst comes to worst I can permanently fit the joint which will fix the issue but will not allow for it to ever be taken apart again (not that its an issue as I never planned to but its nice to know I can if for whatever reason I need to).

Updates to come following that.

On another subject, I´ve been nominated for MOTM over at bit-tech, and the voting has been going on from the 6th of July. The voting ends on the 6th of Aug, i.e. tomorrow monday at 8 am. I´m currently fighting for the first place so if you feel like helping out, pop by and vote. But I´d like to stress that, only do it if you believe APASF is the best out of the 6 mods shown there. I´d greatly appreciate it : )

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=233580
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs

Luciel
Level 7
Thank you everyone who voted for me on the Bit-Tech.net Mod of the Month June Edition Competition. I´m over the moon for winning! ^^
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs

Luciel
Level 7
Hi Everyone!

Right, after months and months of inactivity, due to work and life in general, I´ve finally got time to finishing this project, you will see one big final update through the week, and right after, new project ; )

Cheers!
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs

KPRage
Level 10
Wow.. Really enjoyed this thread... Its amazing how old is gold indeed!! 🙂 Well sir, would love to see the final build!! Hope those leaks have been fixed by now.. Cheers..
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made 🙂

DeZaXaT
Level 9
purely awesome !
CPU: Intel i7 4930K | COOLER: Corsair H100i Extreme Performance | MB: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9 | SSD: 2 x Corsair Force GT 120GB | SSD: Crucial MX300 750GB | HDD: WD 640GB | VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 4GB 512-bit | PSU: Seasonic X-series 850W | CASE: Cooler Master HAF X | MONITORS: 2 x Benq XL2411Z | SOUND: Sennheiser G4ME ZERO + TteSports Bahamut | MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder Chroma | PAD: SteelSeries QCK Heavy