cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oz Modz - Far Cry Primal

Oz_Modz
Level 7
Hey Everyone!

I have really enjoyed the Far Cry series and with Primal being released mid Feb I thought id put together a special build for it.

In this build ill be utilizing quite few different materials that I haven't worked with before to achieve certain textures and results. I'm on a very tight deadline for this build and want it to be all done by the 9th of Feb.

Here is a look at some of the gear ill be using for the build:

To see my other builds come like me on Facebook

Also check out my previous builds www.ozmodz.com

Happy Modding!
18 REPLIES 18

Nate152
Hello Oz Modz, welcome to the ROG forum !

I'm a big fan of the far cry games myself, I can't wait to see what you have in mind for your new build so please get started right away ! 🙂

Because I'm on a tight deadline with this build I will only be taking the most important pictures 🙂

Since my last post I stripped the case down to its very bare skeleton. I then took off the back panel so I could create my new one to accommodate a new motherboard position and in turn PSU and GPU positions.

Back panel is now back on.

I also had to make a now mount for the Motherboard in its new position. ( this will be installed later on.

I have also been working on a Sabertooth Skull to match the Far Cry Skull as close as possible. I have been using a air dry clay and texture powders to achieve this. The Knife is also made by hand from clay. I still plan on adding more textures and paint to some areas.

Over the next few days ill be working on the case external mods.

To see my other builds come like me on Facebook

Also check out my previous builds www.ozmodz.com

Happy Modding!

Nate152
I'm very impressed with your red mini itx build, very nice job on that. Unfortunately the second batch of pictures you posted don't show much, feel free to edit them if you like.

Thanks for that, I'm trying to edit the post and get the pictures up now. 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
I'm very impressed with your red mini itx build, very nice job on that. Unfortunately the second batch of pictures you posted don't show much, feel free to edit them if you like.

Thanks mate, yeah the mini ITX was a lot of fun and a great challenge with the water cooling in such a confined space.

I just re adjusted the main post with the new pictures so if it doesn't work please let me know.

Cheers

Nate152
Yep I can see your pictures now and that's going to look wicked with the saber tooth tiger skull, you're quite an artist to make that and did an excellent job on it and the knife too, both look amazingly real !

I'm liking it alot already.

Oz_Modz
Level 7
Over the last few days I have worked on some of the case art. I'm not much of a painter but wanted to try by hand using a variety of paints and weathering powder to get some great detail and effects.

The side Panel

The Top Panel:

The time lapse video:

Next up ill be doing the last bit of artwork on the front Panel and starting some of the features on the inside 12 days to go!!!

Oz_Modz
Level 7
So today was a very productive day! I Removed the armor from the Asus Sabertooth Motherboard and gave it a touch of Primal 😛 Inside the case it will be darker so I have used lighter colors to compensate for this.

I also finished the artwork on the back and front panels.

I have attempted to make a plaster boulder with a internal sign and light but ill have to wait and see how it sets over night.

7 Days until this build is due to be completed and Ubisoft is jumping on board and leading up to the release ill be giving away Far Cry Primal T Shirts as well as a few electronic copies of the game so head on over to my Facebook page where ill post more details of the giveaway this week.

https://www.facebook.com/Oz-Modz-784354365026358/