cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mod in a Week // "APASF: CP London Edition" (Update: Campus Party)

Luciel
Level 7
Hi Everyone,

So I have a few projects in the cooking stages which I mostly work on when I get time to do so. That said, I will be going to the Campus Party Europe 2013 in the O2 Arena in London and I haven´t made a mod in a week project since Fallout Cause SP back at the end of 2011. I´ve just come out of an awfull illness based weekend and 7 days from now I´ll be flying to the UK to the campus, to give a couple of speeches, do some work at the modding workshop and generally have a great time and hopefully meet a bunch of you.

So it seems like the perfect time to go about doing one of these Mod in a Week projects, to be specific, a version of my latest main project APASF which got MOTM here on bit-tech last June-July (don´t exactly remember right now) and featured in the CustomPC so it seemed appropiate.

Because I need to keep it relatively simple in order to be able to start today and complete it within a week, I have to throw all major modifications out the window but this does not mean lack of detailing.

For any of you that have followed my previous Mod in a Week projects, this is how it works. I start today and go on through 7 days, posting one or more updates per day on here, suggestions are VERY welcomed but have in mind that anything suggested has to be something doable within the timeframe.

In terms of help, my friends from ASUS Ibérica (Ibérica = Spain & Portugal) are helping out with whatever they have avaliable at the time, as this has been a very last minute thing, which is a Maximus V Gene-Z (which is not ideal for a fulll sized case but it´s still an awesome piece of kit) and the cool guys from Cooler Master are helping out with a PSU (no idea which yet), originally I planned to use a CM 690 II Black & White edition which they where also going to help with, unfortunately due to time limitations, they can´t get one in time so I managed to find a "normal" CM 690. I´ve decided on this case because it´s shape and features adapt very well to the design I have in mind.

-----------------------------
END OF PROJECT EDIT:

Unfortunately products from ASUS and CM did not arrive in time and when the asus motherboard came I had to send it back due to being damaged on arrival (what is going on with delivery services around here!?).

Instead, I used products sponsored to other projects or won in contests while making sure it was ok to do so.

So! Thanks Gigabyte for the Z77X-UP7!

Thanks Kingston for the SSDs and RAM!

Thanks Corsair for the TX650-M PSU!

Thanks Lamptron for the FC10 SE!

Thanks Mayhems for the 2Ltr bottles of pastel white and the dyes!

And Special thanks to ASUS and Cooler Master for trying to get the products to me in time, no matter what!

END OF PROJECT EDIT:

Right so, wish me luck! The project starts NOW and will finish with final pictures at the Campus Party Europe event in a weeks time. I will be posting updates later on today (I´m now off to buy paints and supplies).
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs
17 REPLIES 17

LeviathanPT
Level 10
Brilliant work man, i love the fine details you added to it and it does look vintage like mentioned above ^^

LukeeVassallo
Level 7
Wow ! I never though anybody would mod a pc tower like that ! And turns out great ! :)) Looking forward to seeing this vintage thing finished
| Maximus V Formula | i7-3770k | 16Gb Dominator Platinum | GTX 780 | Force 240Gb | 2TB Caviar Green | Obsidian 650D | AX850 | H100 | 24" LED VS247H |

Sunday: Day 7 of 7

Final day!

As I mentioned in the previous entry I will reply to all comments on Monday evening if all arrives ok.

Today I finished it all up. There will be a second set of pictures from the CP event but here´s the first set. It goes without saying had it not been a time limited edition, I would´ve done a lot more detailing and precision work but, well all things considered and a few faults aside, I´m really glad on how it turned out.

So, I give you, Mod in a Week: "APASF: CP London Edition".

With special thanks to:

And that´s the end of the project. I hope you have enjoyed following it. I will post an updated as mentioned tomorrow (Monday) evening if all arrives well.

Now, to bed!
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs

Sunday: Day 7 of 7

Final day!

As I mentioned in the previous entry I will reply to all comments on Monday evening if all arrives ok.

Today I finished it all up. There will be a second set of pictures from the CP event but here´s the first set. It goes without saying had it not been a time limited edition, I would´ve done a lot more detailing and precision work but, well all things considered and a few faults aside, I´m really glad on how it turned out.

So, I give you, Mod in a Week: "APASF: CP London Edition".

With special thanks to:

And that´s the end of the project. I hope you have enjoyed following it. I will post an updated as mentioned tomorrow (Monday) evening if all arrives well.

Now, to bed!
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs

Luciel
Level 7
Saturday: Day 6 of 7

Though technically today is Sunday, I couldnt post yesterdays update as I had to source some parts from my everyday pc so I had no PC to post from.

I will reply to all comments on Monday evening when I´m setup at the Campus Party event (hopefully everything arrives in one piece, gulp.

Right so, more issues. The radiator was stuffed, leaking and while fixable I didn´t have the time and I had to bring my PC to the workshop aniway so figured I´d just use its rad instead. So, sourced the radiator from the main pc, cpu, ram and harddrives and the build went on, luckily from here on, only small fixable-on-the-spot issues where encounted.

Let the cabeling and tinkering begin!

Gave the final coat of copper to the PSU and lackered afterwards.

In it goes along with the rest of the parts.

Fingers crossed for a problem-free boot...

Success!!!! It even recognised my raid array from my previous setup (different mobo)! All hdds, ssds and devices detected.

And that´s it for day 6, join me on the final day!
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs

Smiki007
Level 10
Nice. 25758

Always look beyond the limits...

Luciel
Level 7
FINAL PICTURES SET 2 - Campus Party Europe London O2 Arena:

While I´m waiting for a bunch of people to email me photos, here´s a selection of what I currently have, you´ll even recognise the original APASF on the screen as I was talking about sponsorships and how it affects companies in terms of publicity, value for money, etc. You may also recognise a certain Hans (pOpE) and Anthony Leather (Combatus) who where fantastic to meet in person! All in all I think it´s safe to say we all had a blast at the event!

As a side note, updated first post and added all current final pictures to the "reserved for final pictures" part.
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs