cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Impact in Node 304 build

Funky_B
Level 7
I haven't built a system in a long time but the Impact looked tempting for a mini-ITX platform. I've never done a mini-ITX build before and am amazed by the Impact's functionality in such a small package. I wanted something I could use for BF4 and edit GoPro video - with a small footprint and all-in-one goal. There's nothing crazy here, everything's off the shelf and I only have plans to mod the leds (unless you have a suggestion I can't pass up).

Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Impact
Video Card: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II OC
Case: Node 304
CPU: 4770k
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133
PSU: Seasonic G650
Boot drive: Samsung 500gb EVO SSD
Monitor: ASUS VG248QE
Keyboard: Corsair K70
Mouse: Logitech G700s
Random stuff: pair of 1 TB WD RE3 drives collecting dust
and my trusty old Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick

Feedback is always welcome!

5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, Funky B.

I like your cable management. Makes everything look so clean and tidy in that small case. Good job!

Chino wrote:
I like your cable management. Makes everything look so clean and tidy in that small case. Good job!

Definitely! I'm in a prodigy which is arguably less cramped, with much the same kind of hardware, and it doesn't look nearly as neat.

... now I have cable envy 😞
The early bird gets the worm, but its the second mouse that gets the cheese.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Neat build, my fingers are to fat to work on such a tiny case.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

hero1
Level 7
It's awesome to see that you were able to make such build and still manage to have such awesome cabling with the limited space.
i7 4770K| ASUS Maximus VI Formula| G. Skill Ripjaws Z 16 GB 1866 MHz| 256 Samsung 830| AMD R9 290X CF| Silverstone S. E 1000W| Creative SB Z| Samsung DVDRW| Dell 27" U2713HM| Logitech G710+| Corsair M60 and G27 Racing Wheel| Sennheiser PC 350
Cooling: 2 x 360 mm EKWB XTX rads, EK-D5 Vario w/ Plexi Top, X3 Res, Supr Plexi Copper, CSQ fittings, Noctua Fans

Funky_B
Level 7
Thanks for all the cabling compliments! The front panel cables that run up over the rear of the PSU are grouped together so well they're almost as stiff as the case frame...

I only have an issue with not being able to install AISuite III. I used the cleaner and it will still not install, but gave up because I will probably never use any of the software. A forum search revealed that my unknown device "ACPI\PNP0A0A" is related to AISuite, specifically the COM service. A separate post described the service as a link to the bios. Is this correct, and am I missing out on anything by not installing the AISuite beyond listed applications?