cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus 8 Ranger Motherboard OS not loading, Could use a little help

mustang59a
Level 7
Greetings all. I'm new here to the forum. John is the name. I recently purchased a ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII RANGER LGA 1151 Intel ATX Intel Motherboard, Rosewill Rise Glow - ATX Full Tower Case, ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Video Card, Rosewill Hive-750 Power Supply, Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz, CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W, LG WH16NS40 BD Rewriter 16X Speed Optical Drive, Noctua NH-U14S CPU Cooler, 2 Seagate Constellation ES 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive Bare Drives. The motherboard, memory, and CPU were a package deal from Newegg, and I filled in the rest. The last 2 computers I owned I bought already assembled units, so this it the first computer I've built in probably 8 years, or longer. Needless to say, I'm a little rusty. I put everything together and it seems to work till trying to load the OS. The motherboard Q-code is A9 - Start of Setup. At this point, the BIOS sees the optical drive, but it wouldn't read the OS disc. I read where the UEFI needed to be changed and did that with no change in outcome.
Before I dig myself in any deeper, does anybody have any advise for me on what I'm doing wrong that it won't load the OS?
2 REPLIES 2

Chino
Level 15
Spam the F8 key when you see the ROG logo. A window will pop up. Select your installation media that has the UEFI prefix. 🙂

Unfortunately, no change. F8 does bring up the boot order, but the optical drive is still silent and finally goes to BIOS again.