cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mad max / fury road gaming pc build

MonsterMawd
Level 12

Welcome! Thanks for checking out my tribute to Mad Max & his Interceptor build log. This is one of my Bucket list theme PC builds. My mother brought me to the premiere of The Road Warrior movie and I've been fan of this world ever since. This will be a modified desktop PC with liquid cooling. Inspired by visual elements of Max's Interceptor and the Mad Max World. ...and maybe Fury Road. There shall be rust and maybe even a Detonator attached to the PC? (lol). I'll be sharing highlights of it's progression stages, including video clip links as I move along in this thread. I have a basic idea of what PC hardware components will occupy this mad max inspired PC (motherboard, CPU, DDR, GPU, SSD, PSU) The case is an Enermax Equlilence they donated to me last year. If you've followed my past personal builds, I like to find good deals on hardware whenever possible I do plan to fabricate the liquid cooling lines from 361 marine grade stainless tubing. No idea what brand of CPU & GPU water blocks, radiators and fittings I'll use yet.

The case is the Enermax Equilence I was given. It sorta looks like a Fractal Case, but without any of the well thought out features.

I apologize in advance if you're expecting me to pose a Mad Max action figure inside the case (haha). The Interceptor's V8 feels more appropriate. The scale Ford engine I'm using is by LIBERTY Classics, http://www.libertyclassics.com/

I've added motorized shaft to spin the supercharger belt, you can watch it here, https://twitter.com/Mnpctech/status/992023385818492928

I've modified the supercharger pulleys with larger plates to keep the belt from rolling off.

I will be fabricating a new engine scoop to emulate Max's Scott Injector Scoop and painting everything dark grey.
35 REPLIES 35

xeromist
Imagine 20 years ago telling someone that modifying a computer case could involve extensive miniatures work. 😄
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Korth
Level 14
Imagine 20 years from now telling someone that modifying a computer case was even possible. :rolleyes:
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

MonsterMawd
Level 12
haha, thats crazy to think about

Painted the engine and injector air scoop silver alum

Menthol
Level 14
MonsterMawd,
Thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing your new build

xeromist
Thanks for the heads up!
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I heard somebody in India won it, and that's soo cool! Max's Falcon XB seems to be stuck in the mud atm. 2019 has been overwhelming busy for us. So many new projects in the works, https://mnpctech.com/promote-game-release-gaming-computer-pc-giveaway.html