cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loud & Fast stage 2

Loud__amp__Fast
Level 10
Hi there,
I just ordered the MIPS mobo set for my rampage II extreme and and an 240 radiator. also the other stuff needed, like pump and hose and so on. in two weeks I`ve got holliday and hope the parts will be here than to start (and finish) the build.

Dusty before and shiny after pics will follow.

Greets,L&F
29 REPLIES 29

Loud__amp__Fast
Level 10
time won`t go by while waiting... Here are some Dusty pics of stage 1. 2x140 shroud mouted on the front and fixed with silicon (for anti vibration) and some cable sleevings.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Very Nice Job there, you had me confused as all heck with that old PATA HD till I reread the post stating it was a Rampage II board. I was trying to figure out how the Blazes you hooked it up without a port!...lol

Loud__amp__Fast
Level 10
the PATA cable is the internal connector from the soundcard. It`s an Creative X-Fi fatal1ty using a PCI slot on Mobo and 5.25 slot on casefront.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Ahh! That makes sense! thank you. I was at a loss trying to understand why you would want a PATA HD instead of a SATA since you obviously had SATA ports.

Loud__amp__Fast
Level 10
Hehe, no my HDDs look like this:

once I tryed to build a raid0, but it failed and the upper HDD broke. Maybe because of the magnetic field of the DVDbom motor? I don`t know. next time I try it with special raid disks.

Loud__amp__Fast
Level 10
Hehe, no my HDDs look like this:
once I tryed to build a raid0, but it failed and the upper HDD broke. Maybe because of the magnetic field of the DVDrom motor? I don`t know. next time I try it with special raid disks.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Well on that I would venture to say it was probably a faulty drive to start, but yes if you're going to RAID you need 3 drives to start with and then go for like a RAID 5 that way if one fails it can be rebuilt with out loosing anything. My next Set if I ever can afford to do it is going to be 2 250gb SSD's in RAID0 and then 4 Seagate 2tb's in a RAID 5 for data and Backups.

Loud__amp__Fast
Level 10
when I see my pics I just wonder if I should put these http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/Grafikkarten/VGA-Kuehler-Heatpipes/BGA-Ram-Chip-Kuehler/Zalman-V... on the Bios bricks? just for fun, it woud look cool.

xeromist
Well, if you're going to put them on other parts of the board then I don't see how it could hurt. If it's just the BIOS....are you trying to overclock the BIOS chip? 😄
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…