cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

..:: L a n b o y - a p o c a l y p s e ::..

MonsterMawd
Level 12

This log highlights photos from the PC project video I'm doing with "Mod Brothers Podcast" Host, Kyle Van Der Mewre (aka Kylevdm). ..."I don't care what we do, as long as we mod something" Kyle told me before arriving in Minneapolis. I recalled the disdain we shared for Antec's LANBOY Air when it was released. I proceeded to uncover the dusty sample I reviewed for Episode #5 of "Mod Men" ....One day before Kyle's arrival I stripped down the LANBOY and implemented ideas that Kyle could contribute during his 2.5 day visit. The only elements that remained of the LANBOY Air was it's frame and 2 side panels.

PC Designer, Engineer, & Modder "Cheapskate" contacted me 2 weeks prior to Kyle's visit with photos of a Stainless Steel Reservoir he was developing. The design looked very industrial, like a vacuum chamber. It ignited my imagination of a sci-fi theme for our project. Let's transform it into something that resembles a make shift portable Nuclear Fusion Generator in a Post-Apocalyptic landscape. Created from parts salvaged by an Engineer after a fictional WWIV. As we worked, the fictional story started to take life... "He worked as a Senior Engineer at Los Alamos National Laboratory in their Developmental Dept before it was demolished in 2010." ...... From this point on, the build took on it's own life...

Unimpressed by Antec's Lanboy Air from Episode #5 of "Mod Men"

The factory finish was sanded and scuffed up, before it was permanently turned upside down with the PSU relocated to the outside.

Cable Management grommets were added to the ceiling.

The side panels are suspended like Gull Wing doors with "Laurey" style Cabinet Hinges from WoodCraft, http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2021219/25993/Laurey-Hinge-Oil-Rubbed-Bronze-No-Inset-Surface-Mount...

250mm cooling fan shroud I fabricated for the radiator from the SWORDM sent by Thermaltake for AMD build in 2006.

The front intake grill is a combination of machined aluminum 120mm "Reactor" fan grill and 120mm Blow Hole kit.

120mm Enermax VEGAS DUO in Blue/Red combo-LED with 11 switchable LED color modes.
Factory Product Page Link, http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_1&lv0=4&lv1=39&no=128

This is the front of the Lanboy chassis with 20 gauge sheet metal I fastened on, for the intake fan.
21 REPLIES 21

frisianbear2002
Level 9
Already a great start , i bet it's gone looks just as amazing as the other case mods thumbs up :cool:
l Asus Rampage 4 Extreme l intel 3930X@ 4800Mhz (1.45volt) 24/7 l Asus matrix GTX 580 l
16GB Team Xtreem DDR3 PC3-20800 2600MHz (11-11-11-28-1)
l Coolermaster Silentpro 1000w PSU l Revodrive3 ssd l WD Raptor 150Gb (10000rpm) l Corsair H100 wc with 4 Cougar Vortex fans l CM HAF 932 Avanced case l Acer X243H 24'' l Asus RT N66U Dark Knight l Logitech Z2300 speakers

In progress the custom build PC Samurai Warrior ''Miyamoto Musashi'' in Japanese ''宮本 武蔵'' made by Pascal

xeromist
When I saw the title I wondered if the mod was going to be post apocalyptic or if you were going to put the lanboy through its own personal apocalypse. Little from column A, little from column B? 😄
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Area_66
Level 11
At first I tough Bill use a Lanboy land mower for mod a PC......... we know you......

look at the facial expression, I'm very worry for the poor little case

Giannis996
Level 9
awesome build i like both the coulours and the case!!!! more pics plz!!!
Project Name: System Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
Prossesor: Intel Core i7 4820k
Graphic Card: Asus GTX Titan x2
*Power Supply: Cooler Master V850
Ram: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
SSD: 2x Samsung Evo 250Gb Raid 0
HDD: 2x Seagate Baraccuda 2TB

Haha!! Thanks for tuning in and posting the great comments guys! 😄

Kyle was disappointed that he couldn't use a sledgehammer on it..

I hope this video will make up for the lack of videos made over past months. Lots of great footage of this project including Kyle's visit, including a cabaret of characters I know and ventures outside of the workshop.

250mm is installed on the radiator. Fitting the new bezel and it's fastener screws. This will be painted Charcoal Grey Metallic, to match the chassis.

Road Warrior action figure discovered while touring Peacock Groove workshop in my warehouse on Thursday night. It won't be implemented in the project, but reminded of us of a grungy "Post-Apocalyptic" atmosphere from the movie, and inspired an idea or two for the build on following day.

Kyle is implementing UV Green Transparent acrylic windows...

Flipped MB tray with EVGA X58 and i7 920, cooled by XSPC Raystorm Waterblock

Loud__amp__Fast
Level 10
ARRRGH !awesome! Will you keep the aluminium panels paintless? I hope so.
The "unimpressed" pic is worth its weight in gold - epic facial expression

frisianbear2002
Level 9
Very nice getting better and better by the picture :cool:
l Asus Rampage 4 Extreme l intel 3930X@ 4800Mhz (1.45volt) 24/7 l Asus matrix GTX 580 l
16GB Team Xtreem DDR3 PC3-20800 2600MHz (11-11-11-28-1)
l Coolermaster Silentpro 1000w PSU l Revodrive3 ssd l WD Raptor 150Gb (10000rpm) l Corsair H100 wc with 4 Cougar Vortex fans l CM HAF 932 Avanced case l Acer X243H 24'' l Asus RT N66U Dark Knight l Logitech Z2300 speakers

In progress the custom build PC Samurai Warrior ''Miyamoto Musashi'' in Japanese ''宮本 武蔵'' made by Pascal

Thank you for sharing your comments! just a touch of weathering on the aluminum parts..The Stainless Steel Reservoir made by Cheapskate with Transparent Purple acrylic caps and clear acrylic clamps.

Determining the Res location over the Mnpctech blowhole ring on the front of the PC......

I fabricated the Bezel from Fractal-Design Arc Midi and Lancool Dragon K58 top panels

The custom bezel was given distressed and weathered paint effect.

The bezel is painted with Charcoal Grey Metallic paint, then highlighted with Flat Black paint.

Areas of the painted are scuffed with red Scotch-brite pad to create weathered effect.

Areas of the painted are scuffed with red Scotch-brite pad to create weathered effect.

The Core i7 920 is cooled by the XSPC Raystorm Waterblock.

Kyle and I visited Brad Galvin to see his progress on Scirocco's next project and borrow his space to airbrush shadows on the reservoir and more weathered effects on the PSU, gpu and bezel.... Kyle is using Brad's Iwata's HP-CH airbrush gun with Black enamal paint