cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input on ROG MB

ketchumk9
Level 7
Good afternoon,

I was really looking forward to building my new rig using the ROG Formula platform however, reading the reviews from New Egg and here, I'm a little concerned, weary on these mother boards. Can the community here give me input on what direction I should go?.. Thanks.

Here was the build list

Formula MB
I5-4670k
Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/480G SSD (For OS Win7 and BF4 only)
WD 1T black edition
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400
ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 GeForce GTX 780 3GB
9 REPLIES 9

HiVizMan
Level 40
I am not going to comment about the reviews on NewEgg - my honest opinion is that most of the folks who post them there should never be allowed to build their own PC.

The Maximus VI Formula is a great board. One of the very best. May I ask what your primary use of the system will be.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

EnthusiastBuild
Level 12
My honest opinion is that most of the folks who post them there should never be allowed to build their own PC.

This! LOL!

I am very pleased with my MAXIMUS VI FORMULA, best mobo i ever owned. Great design and great functionality. Awesome BIOS aswell...
ROG armor looks awesome, hands down!

If you will be running SLI and want to put in a soundcard, cons are that it mostly wont fit on 3rd pci slot because graphic cards are thick nowadays, no problem though if you watercool them!

Still you got the upper PCI slot but you might have to remove the armor then to fit in the soundcard.

Can't find any cons... Not saying this because i own the board, but it is indeed AWESOME and i would recommend it to everyone who is looking for a 300$ board!

Cheers
CORSAIR 900D
ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA
INTEL I7 4770K @ 4.5 GHZ
CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB @ 2400MHZ
SLI EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
SSD SYSTEM: CORSAIR FORCE GT 120GB
SSD APPS: CORSAIR FORCE GT 240 GB
HDD STORAGE: WD BLACK 2TB
CORSAIR AX860I PSU
CORSAIR H100I 4 x SP120 HP

Antronman
Level 10
If people said that, then WTF. RoG products are some of the best on the market, if not the best in some cases (for their intended use). Some people have no idea what they're talking about. 99% of the poor reviews I've seen of the RoG Xonar Phoebus, as an example were made by people who were using USB Headsets with it.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

ketchumk9
Level 7
This build is going to be mainly for gaming (BF4) . I know this is a dumb post but, I just wanted to my research before I spent the money. Thank you for your input.

EnthusiastBuild
Level 12
ketchumk9 don't worry! This isn't a dumb post... Here we help each other!!

You will have great fun in BF4 with your new rig!

Keep us posted!

Cheers
CORSAIR 900D
ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA
INTEL I7 4770K @ 4.5 GHZ
CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB @ 2400MHZ
SLI EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
SSD SYSTEM: CORSAIR FORCE GT 120GB
SSD APPS: CORSAIR FORCE GT 240 GB
HDD STORAGE: WD BLACK 2TB
CORSAIR AX860I PSU
CORSAIR H100I 4 x SP120 HP

Just ordered the Formula MB, along with a H80i CPU cooler for the 4670k. As soon as I get it together I will post the out come pictures.

abvolt
Level 11
I have owned a total 16 boards over the years and 12 of them have been asus boards 4 are formula imo they make the very best...
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

chrsplmr
Level 18
OP .. how did you do.. Are you ROG'n in the New Year. If Not. To bad. Sucks to be you. lol...

If so .. hit us up .. let us know now of your thoughts. It's good to be a ROG'G. .c.

HiVizMan
Level 40
There are no dumb questions on this forum. You ask all you like and as often as you like.

I know you will be very happy with your system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.