cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drone with Asus Maximus VIII Impact

Legolas
Level 9
Does anyone know how to mod a drone with an Asus Maximus VIII Impact before?
Sincerely,
Legolas
3 REPLIES 3

totalrognoob
Level 7
Nope, but I'm going to guess it will require a fairly large drone. You'll need to consider the power budget very carefully, it will want laptop HDDs or SSDs for the vibration and potential Gs, and you need to keep in mind the cooling system producing thrust in directions you don't want. A good flight controller will be a must, as will be a fairly powerful set of motors.

If possible, you'll want to use a dummy load to take the place of the board for testing, with similar power requirements, weight and distribution of weight.

May I ask why you wish to build this? Do you want to use the impact to provide autonomous control, or is it a flying server like TPB showed a number of years back?

Legolas
Level 9
I thinking of using impact as autonomous control with flight control. Maybe, It is open source for future AI development.

I agree, it will be a large drone with battery that is large for both the MB and the rotors with laptop SSD. Heat pipe for thermal dissipation?
Sincerely,
Legolas

Skunk
Level 8
You want to go with an embedded single board computer (SBC) for an application like this.