cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom water loop with Corsair C70

six4bravo
Level 10
Hi everyone, I have been collecting parts for my build and have been throwing around ideas for how to setup the fans and could use some advice from you experts.

Case: Corsair C70 Vengeance
CPU: i7 6700k
Ram: 32GB Gskill ddr4 3200
MB: Asus maximus hero viii formula
PSU: EVGA supernova G2 1000W
Fan control: NZXT Sentry 3 touch screen
GPU: Zotac gtx 1080 arctic storm (not yet bought, still deciding on this or a FE card with an aftermarket waterblock)
Water loop: XSPC dual bayres with D5 pump, ex360 rad for the top, ex240 rad for the front, raystorm pro cpu block, MB VRM block, GPU block.

I want to include the MB VRM cooling into the loop as well since its there. But the fan setup..... I have 10 corsair High Perf SP120 fans, 3 thermaltake riing 12 fans. I'm not going to use all of them obviously, but I need opinions on whats the best way to set them up blowing in or out on the rads, etc.
I was planning on the rear 120mm fan being an intake, along with one 120mm on the bottom as an intake, top rad blowing out through the rad, and front rad also blowing out in a push/pull config. Or should i go with the front rad blowing into the case and rear fan blowing out?

I need some direction, Thanks everyone.
1 REPLY 1

FoskcoRS5
Level 7
My C70 had a Corsair H110 so nothing too fancy as to what you are planning but here is what I did on my old rig.

To keep a consistent flow of air and to cut down on turbulence I had 2 AF120s in the front. Two SP120's on the other side of the HDD bay. Two SP120's on the top radiator. One SP120 on the bottom as an intake and another SP120 on the back to exhaust. With this configuration I was able to keep pretty neutral air flow.

I am by no means an expert but I had a C70 and can provide some direction. I can easily see a 240 push config on the front with the hard drive bays removed and a 240 pull on top. This could still accommodate the dual bay res / pump and would provide more than enough thermal dissipation for the 6700k OCed as well as the GTX 1080 OCed.