cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsair 750D, Custom Waterloop, Custom modding

jthm4goth
Level 7
***Warning Opening Post is Long and Wordy***

This is the third version of my gaming computer since I built it in September 2013 and every time I rebuild it is new and better hardware. I'm a sucker for a deal as can be told by my Trader Feedback.

My first verision of this build had no theme, no color coordination, nothing it was strictly a budget build. I completed the build in August/September time frame and at the time I loved it.

(Orginal parts pic)

(Orginal Build)

But than in December my Father-in-law asked me to build him a computer with a lot higher budget. After building his computer and having issues with my set up I knew I wanted something better. Which brought me to version 2. Now I put a lot of time and effort into version 2 the hardware was decent the build was decent but I started to rush the build and things became sloppy and well I just didn't like the quality of the build. It also didn't help that a bunch of my concepts fell through and I wasn't able to do some of the things I wanted to do. Now in my weird twisted mind it didn't make sense to me to remove the acrylic and remove the midplate and just redo those items. No that wasn't enough if I was removing all that I might as well change some of the hardware.

(Version 2)

Now Version 3 was suppose to be just a new motherboard and a new processor but different deals came along while I was waiting to order my motherboard or while I have been waiting for it to get here so a lot of parts changed or got added. Now truthfully from version one to version three the only parts that are the same are the hard drive and windows. Everything else has been changed.

Now to explain my theme or rather my color choice. Black and Red. I know I know we see Black and Red themed computers all the time with ASUS ROG being absolutely amazing and the best (yes I am a little bias) Black and Red themed computers are everywhere. But I chose it because I built my first computer back in 03-04 and it was a black and red theme. I have always loved black and red themed computers. Actually it is one of my favorite color combos with everything. Now I am hoping to do enough modding and changing of parts to set my Black and Red theme amoung the best (I know for an amateur thats setting the bar high but hey its worth a shot) and set it apart from everyone else.

Now onto Version III's Parts list

Case : Corsair 750D
CPU: Intel 4770K
Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Formula
Ram: 16gb G.Skillz RipJaws X 2133mhz
SSD: Intel 320 Series 120GB x2
HDD: Seagate 500GB
GPU: Evga GTX780 Classified
PSU: Corsair AX760 custom sleeved by UPC

Now seeing that it is almost one the morning and I have work in less than 5 hours I'm going to get some sleep. I will update tomorrow with pictures of my previous builds and parts lists for each of those builds. I will also type up my parts list for this build as it stands right now.

Also posted here
53 REPLIES 53

abvolt
Level 11
really nice job on the sleeving looks awesome..
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Good Job! and the case is awesome! (i have the 750D) keep up the good work and the good photography skillzzz! anyways im waiting your progress!
Project Name: System Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
Prossesor: Intel Core i7 4820k
Graphic Card: Asus GTX Titan x2
*Power Supply: Cooler Master V850
Ram: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
SSD: 2x Samsung Evo 250Gb Raid 0
HDD: 2x Seagate Baraccuda 2TB

darkage
Level 11
hi
i love the 750D, but i have seen the entho pro and now dont really know what to do 😞
loving your project 🙂

abvolt wrote:
really nice job on the sleeving looks awesome..

Actually I outsourced the cables to UPC(Ultimate Personal Computers) They did an amazing job and were extremely well priced. One of the Bonus with them is they do this awesome photoshoot for you. It really helps with guys that due build logs but don't have the equipment to take photos like that.

Giannis996 wrote:
Good Job! and the case is awesome! (i have the 750D) keep up the good work and the good photography skillzzz! anyways im waiting your progress!

I loved my 750D. I wanted a 900D when I started to do my second build but the price of it put it out of my reach. Than in the middle of this build I found an amazing deal on Craigslist for the 900D. I traded my old graphics card (GTX 650 Ti) plus some cash and got the 900D. The thing was brand new still had the tape and plastic on it from the factory litterally the only thing it was missing were the instrucutions.

darkage wrote:
hi
i love the 750D, but i have seen the entho pro and now dont really know what to do 😞
loving your project 🙂

I am kind of a corsair Fan Boy I really like there products and enjoy building in there cases. That is one reason I went with the 750D and than the 900D. It is also the reason I am going with a K70 keyboard and eventually going with corsair ram. As for the 750D I was extremely happy with the case and if the deal I mentioned above didn't show up I would have been more than happy to continue building in the 750. I removed the hard drive cages and the 5.25" Drive bays out of the 750 and had tons of room to do whatever I wanted inside the case. I also had a 360 radaitor and a 240 and was planning on another 240 and it all would have fit easily

jthm4goth
Level 7
I got all my tubes bent and ready to go. I am working on mounting the reservoir once I have that complete it is on to just plugging everything in.

jthm4goth
Level 7
I had to cut the last hole in the midplate for the reservoir to stick through. It was a time consuming process I drilled a couple holes with a drill but used a couple different dremel tools to connect the holes and than sand it to a nice clean edge.

jthm4goth
Level 7
Painted my midplate and laid it in place yesterday

jthm4goth
Level 7
I finally got my cables trained. The build is 98% complete. But I spared no expense in this build due to the fact I am going to enter this into mod of the month and I have a photo shoot for it on monday. In the mean time. I am building a new desk to hold this giant case.

The desk legs need to be painted still and the top stained again all before Monday.

jthm4goth
Level 7
Finished my desk last night and got it all set up.

Deadpool is guarding the tower until the unveiling

jthm4goth
Level 7
Trying to figure out my new camera so I can take really good photos it is taking some getting use to but here are a couple of close up shots.