cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Rog Ryujin II 360 (Non-RGB) be used without the ASUS controller?

Jesseinsf
Level 10
I'd greatly appreciate it if I could get a yes or no answer to my question. If yes, then is there something that needs to be done in order to make it happen? FYI, I have no RGB in my case and I got the Rog Ryujin II 360 that has the Noctua fans (No RGB).
4 REPLIES 4

F1Aussie
Level 11
I have it in my rig and I don't believe you can use it without the controller as one of the connectors from the AIO has to go to it.

RogScott
Level 12
Not positive -- but I think power for the pump comes from the controller box, while usb2 connection is strictly for data and control of the display. I don't think the usb2 power is used for the pump (but I could be wrong).

You don't have to connect the fans to the controller. I have used it with the radiator fans connected to the motherboard, and everything worked fine. But the control box was still in place, and the cooler was still connected to it (in addition to usb2).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

Hi so without controller there is now way I can use the cooler ?

Nikky2023
Level 7

Hi did you find solution I have a problem I bought the cooler but some part are missing including the controller and the deadline to return passed is there a way to use it without controller