cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus mobo and front panel issues

henas0
Level 7
hi guys ive just purchased a maximus x hero mobo and i cant get the asus rog front base to work it says i need a rog_ex and its not there just 2 usb has anyone got round this if so please help as dont want to send it back
3 REPLIES 3

onyxx
Level 7
I think Maximus X series do not suport front base...

I got mine working buy using a Q connector and connecting the ext cable into a usb 2.0 port. Then installed the z170 drivers and rog connect driver and the latest ai suite. I can control the fans see the cpu speed and the temps and time. The bios codes dont show but this doesn't bother me.

PotencY wrote:
I got mine working buy using a Q connector and connecting the ext cable into a usb 2.0 port. Then installed the z170 drivers and rog connect driver and the latest ai suite. I can control the fans see the cpu speed and the temps and time. The bios codes dont show but this doesn't bother me.

Great to hear this trick works. I was helping a buddy installing the new side steps and tonneau covers on his truck when he mentioned about Maximus * Hero board he recently acquired.We'll take a look for Q connector and Z170 drivers.