cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addressable and RGB Header Control

pamarakos
Level 7
Hi
I'm updating my build with Z490, I ve just ordered the z490 gaming e and I can see that it has 2 RGB 12v "old style" headers like in the z170 board and 2 new A-RGB 5volt header. So are they also seperately controlled via aura sync app? I mean I've already ordered some A-RGB parts like new fans and cpu waterblock but I'd like to keep my current RGB strips from my old setup, so are they controlled seperately per header type in Aura sync? So for example to have blue as static in the old RGB header and make patterns setting for the A-RGB header?
Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Jesseinsf
Level 10
pamarakos wrote:
Hi
I'm updating my build with Z490, I ve just ordered the z490 gaming e and I can see that it has 2 RGB 12v "old style" headers like in the z170 board and 2 new A-RGB 5volt header. So are they also seperately controlled via aura sync app? I mean I've already ordered some A-RGB parts like new fans and cpu waterblock but I'd like to keep my current RGB strips from my old setup, so are they controlled seperately per header type in Aura sync? So for example to have blue as static in the old RGB header and make patterns setting for the A-RGB header?
Thanks

The short answer is: They are controlled as one. You will be able to see both separately in Aura Sync and you will be able to tell Aura Sync how many RGBs are connected to each header, but that is it.