cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notebook GX701GX Layout Italian is showed with US Layout under ARMORY CRATE and AURA

MauroMass
Level 8
In January I have re-installed Win11 and the last version of Armory Crate and Aura Creator,
I have write to ASUS Support for solve an Issue with Layout of Keyboard of Laptop (present from long times).
My Laptop GX701GX have a italian Layout and In the software Aura I see the US layout, with different number of Key.

I have buyed the TUF Keyboard Gamer 7 with Italian Layout, and connected under Aura, I see the some different key, but the number is the same.

After suggestion of support to Uninstall all, and reinstall the original Armory Create (Delivery with Notebook and Win10), I not see anithing device to configure in Aura..

I have solved only to see the suggesion in this Forum, to use the Uninstall Tools, and reinstall the last version.
The manual Uninstall and re-install not have solved my issue.

Now, I have already the different Layout of Keuboard.
I have search in the files under ASUS folder to find a configuration file, where is set the Layout. I have found 2 files, for TUF Keyboard, the Layout set is "US", I have Set "IT" without changes, I have see the older configuration (Before I uninstall all) and the value are "EU". With this Vakue, the number of Key is correct, but the Layout of caracter is Different.
If I try to modify the Layout of Notebook Keyboard files settings, the devices desappears from the list of Aura devices.

someone know the correct Layout or model to set in the files:
(I have try to change the "US" with "EU" or "IT" but not work.)

C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ROG Live Service\versioninfo.ini

[NBDTHAL]
Name=GX701_US_PERKEY
DisplayName=GX701GX
SeriesName=GX701
NBKBLayout=US
ContentName=GX701_US_0000
HAL_Count=1
HAL_LocalVersion=2.4.2.0

Software Version:

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.1.5.0
ROG Live Service 1.4.5.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.40
Armoury Crate service 5.1.4
Aura Wallpaper Service Non installato
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.4.0
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.2.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.1.79.0
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.33

AURA CREATOR 3.3.4

DISPOSITIVI:
GX701GX KIT AURA 20200929 2022/03/29
GAMEDSK Service 1.0.0.4 2022/03/10
ROG GLADIUS II ORIGIN
Servizio ASUS Framework 2.1.3.0 2022/03/10
TUF GAMING K7
Servizio ASUS Framework 2.1.3.0 2022/03/10

thanks
Mauro
1 REPLY 1

MauroMass
Level 8
The Issue continue with last version AC 5.4.8.0 and Aura Creator

In the AC if I use the proposed effect, the Central Logo, zone lateral and volume is illuminated, but if I use a expert mode (open Aura Creator from AC) the layout is different, and the Logo and volume is not avaiable for select and personaliez, and remaining off.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.4.8.0
ROG Live Service 2.0.4.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.06.14
Armoury Crate service 5.4.8
Aura Wallpaper Service Non installato
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.24.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.2.23.0
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.58
AacDisplay 1.2.28