cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gskill Ram showing in Armory Crate but not Aura Creator

cdogttv
Level 8
Overview & Issue:
I built this computer mid 2021 after years of saving/investing as i was in dire need of a new system. I ended up winning the 3090 off of the Newegg shuffle and decided to do an Asus build. Up until a couple days ago the ram was always able to be individually addressable via Asus armory crate, and Asus Aura Creator as I had programmed dozens of game profiles with the software. Fast forward to 2 nights ago when I decided i wanted to install the Phanteks NEON M5 RGB light strip to add some light diffusion to other parts of the case.... Install was a breeze, however once i powered the machine on i realized i could no longer even see my ram in Armory Crate or Aura Creator. Once this happened i powered down the machine and proceeded to yeet the light strip right out of the case, but now my system still will not recognize the ram in Aura creator to make custom profiles with. I do see the ram showing up in Armory Crate however you can't make profiles, nor can you individually address the sticks.

Things that have been tried:
uninstalling all RGB software and reinstalling
Windows Reinstall/Fresh install
Updated Bios to latest version
Cleared CMOS (worked for a day then after restart ram not showing any longer)

My specs are as follows:
Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming x570-PRO wifi AM4 (bios v4021)
Ram: 64GB(16x4) Gskill TridentZ RGB @3600mhz
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Cooler: Asus ROG Ryujin 360 RGB AIO
GPU: Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090
PSU: ROG Strix 1000G
Case: Be Quiet! Silent base V2

Any help or anything else you may need please let me know so i can get this problem resolved!
5 REPLIES 5

Jimbo93
Level 12
cdogttv wrote:
Overview & Issue:
I built this computer mid 2021 after years of saving/investing as i was in dire need of a new system. I ended up winning the 3090 off of the Newegg shuffle and decided to do an Asus build. Up until a couple days ago the ram was always able to be individually addressable via Asus armory crate, and Asus Aura Creator as I had programmed dozens of game profiles with the software. Fast forward to 2 nights ago when I decided i wanted to install the Phanteks NEON M5 RGB light strip to add some light diffusion to other parts of the case.... Install was a breeze, however once i powered the machine on i realized i could no longer even see my ram in Armory Crate or Aura Creator. Once this happened i powered down the machine and proceeded to yeet the light strip right out of the case, but now my system still will not recognize the ram in Aura creator to make custom profiles with. I do see the ram showing up in Armory Crate however you can't make profiles, nor can you individually address the sticks.

Things that have been tried:
uninstalling all RGB software and reinstalling
Windows Reinstall/Fresh install
Updated Bios to latest version
Cleared CMOS (worked for a day then after restart ram not showing any longer)

My specs are as follows:
Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming x570-PRO wifi AM4 (bios v4021)
Ram: 64GB(16x4) Gskill TridentZ RGB @3600mhz
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Cooler: Asus ROG Ryujin 360 RGB AIO
GPU: Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090
PSU: ROG Strix 1000G
Case: Be Quiet! Silent base V2

Any help or anything else you may need please let me know so i can get this problem resolved!

I would suggest submitting the logs per the sticky thread instructions. Sounds like a bug to me. There are other similar reports in the forum too.

I think this is right thread now to submit issues to, instructions in the first post.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127088-Armoury-Create-v5-0-11-0-Report-here-if-any-issues

Jimbo93 wrote:
I think this is right thread now to submit issues to, instructions in the first post.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127088-Armoury-Create-v5-0-11-0-Report-here-if-any-issues

Thank you very much.

Looks like this latest armory crate update installed the correct memory drivers for the ram. Everything is now controllable in Aura Creator.

Same here, I can see my memories in Armoury Crate, but not in Aura Creator. :mad: