cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB-RAM not working

3AP3RK1N6
Level 8

Now here's what I came here for!

My G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB-RAM is not recognized by the software anymore.
Befor the last update everything was working just fine, but after it ... you know what's going on.

Last time, I just shutdown my PC, unplug the powercable, deinstall the RAM and install it back in and "e voi la" everything was working again.

This time, it's not working and I didn't changed something, so I don't know what I could do now.
I don't want to install the software of G.Skill for the RAM too, because the softwares in combination aren't working pretty well.

Second problem is, that after the system starts, I have to re-enable my profile, because otherwise the lightning isn't working as it should.

- peace.

Do not regret the mistakes in your life! But do regret the words who remain unspoken!
3 REPLIES 3

Alarg
Level 8

Same issue, unsolved as of yet. Trident Z5 Neo RGB (F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR) in question.

emkdrl07
Level 10

Hey everyone, I cannot control the RGB of my RAM and not seems in AC after update v5.7.6.0. I tried uninstall AC and install again but not changed. My RAM's information is below. 

Trident Z5 Neo RGB
DDR5-6000 CL36-36-36-96 1.35V
32GB (2x16GB)
AMD EXPO

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Item Version
---- -------
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.7.6.0
ROG Live Service 2.2.14.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.07.26
Armoury Crate lite service 5.7.6
Aura Wallpaper Service Yüklü değil
Aura SDK 3.04.39
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.2.13.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.20
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.3.9.5
ASUS Ambient HAL 1.4.0.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.2.49.0
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.84
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.3.5
AacVGA 0.0.6.4
KingstonDram 1.1.25
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.24
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.46.8
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.10.3
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.7
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.1.0.3
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.6
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

Jack_Wallace
Level 7

I'm having a similar problem with my Trident Z RGB DDR4 RAM. My PC is a bit older, but I've not had any problems with my RAM showing up in Aura Creator until I had to uninstall & reinstall Armory Crate the other day when my Claymore II keyboard firmware wouldn't update properly. After reinstallation, all the updates were installed without issue, but now the Trident Z memory isn't showing up in Aura Creator anymore.

I thought I had done something wrong, so I tried uninstalling Armory Crate again, and this time I tried using G.Skill's own software in addition to Armory Crate, since others had fixed similar issues doing this back in 2022, but I wasn't having any luck. I even tried uninstalling the "ENE" drivers using Revo Uninstalller Pro software, but it didn't change anything.

Just to be clear, the RAM is able to sync RGB in Armory Crate with the program's preset effects just fine, but I can't apply any custom Aura Creator effects at all. This is specifically an Aura Creator problem.

Anyway, I had pretty much just given up and accepted the fact that I can only use Armory Crate's preset color schemes from now on, but then I saw this thread and I am thinking maybe it's Asus' recent update that could be causing the issue instead? I also noticed that this seems to be a compatibility issue with G.Skill's RAM and ASUS software, because I can't find any reports of similar issues with other brands' RGB capable RAM modules. I hope to see someone else posting an update on this issue soon!