cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Creator whitout Armory Crate !

SimDuch
Level 10
Hi,
Can we use Aura Creator as a standalone soft ? Just like Aura Sync ?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

SimDuch
Level 10
Anyone ??

Yes i do will never use crate

SimDuch
Level 10
Ok me too but, that does not answer my question. I still want to use the RGB's from my Asus hardware. Aura Sync does not work well with my Strix 3080 so Creator might help. I just don't want to install it if it comes bloated with process and stuff...
Thanks

My problem is that the Strix is using ARGB led and Sync can't handled it...

I have no led video card but fans running on ARGB and i have no problem. I have corsair and asus stuff running via the corsair plug in.

SimDuch
Level 10
Ok, so via ICUE you can control each individual led of your fans right ? I guess you have Armoury installed also ? or just the standalone Aura Sync ?
Thanks man
PS, are your fan made by ASUS ?? I mean, if they are Corsair ones, I understand that you have fully control via ICUE !

no corsair fans. only keyboard, i cue is installed but do not use it,. It is only there for the patch . I use aura sync by it self, no armory crate what so ever and would never install that.

andjayik wrote:
no corsair fans. only keyboard, i cue is installed but do not use it,. It is only there for the patch . I use aura sync by it self, no armory crate what so ever and would never install that.

what icue patch????????????

SimDuch
Level 10
Ok thank you

Elkmar
Level 8
SimDuch wrote:
Hi,
Can we use Aura Creator as a standalone soft ? Just like Aura Sync ?

Thanks

The short answer is "No".

Detailed answer:
Aura creator just editor for profiles (i.e create list of instructions, nothing more). For controlling rgb you must have lighting service+HALs. And only aura sync/armoury crate (AC) install this service and additional content. And we have some problems:

• AC are still in beta and every update can break everything. Also AC lack some features that were in aura sync
  • Asus drops aura sync support

Also, iCue utilize asus aura sdk, so you must to install aura sync/AC to use asus plugin. But aura sync can have old vga HAL, so your vga aRGB can work wrong. And, as I hear, corsair drops asus plugin support.

So you have 4 options:
1) Use AC
2) Use iCue with AC/aura sync without guarantee of work
3) Use OpenRGB (but this program use reverse engineering protocol so use it at your own risk)
4) Use any program that utilize asus aura sdk (you still need aura sync or AC on your PC). I can advise Artemis RGB, but it has some problem with asus (fix still on testing, if you want to use Artemis - just pm me or connect to artemis discord server).
English is not my native language, so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes.