cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Creator feature requests: RGB Ram Support + Individual RGB/ARGB Header Control

DjRavix
Level 10
Since A lot of people already complain about there RAM not showing up in Aura Creator I think its a good time to just make a request for this
It actually does not make sense to me why this is not yet supported since Armory Crate is able to support various brands of memory with RGB Control

Also adding in the request for individual header support since Aura creator is able to let different components do different things
it came as a surprise to me that there was only one "RGB strip" showing under PC Components while there are different headers on the board

the exclusion of these things makes me wonder why Aura Creator even exists and if putting more color control into Armory Crate
Like selection of individual color in Rainbow effect

For those that are going to tell me to use Corsair iCue for this ... please remember that iCue is not able to Control the ARGB Headers

I hope there are some people that agree with me on this
So Let us be heard !!!
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280
4 X Corsair SP120 PWM OEM Fans
2 X Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM
2 X Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
2 X Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
1 X Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
28 REPLIES 28

FlufflePuff1337
Level 9
Having just figured out how to get this color effect going on on my memory sticks yeah defiantly want be able to control each strip invidually if possible each led component seperatly like per rgb fan altho that last one i think i would probably need a special hub that connects to usb probably on board rather then argb on the motherboard, cos it does not detect gen 2.

https://imgur.com/a/AjewHo4

My ram does not show up either unless i uninstall the rgb driver of my memory and install g skills rgb driver instead, cant run both of them at the same time obviously have to delete asus one, which then also fixes all glitches i had their driver is clearly broken.

FlufflePuff1337 wrote:
Having just figured out how to get this color effect going on on my memory sticks yeah defiantly want be able to control each strip invidually if possible each led component seperatly like per rgb fan altho that last one i think i would probably need a special hub that connects to usb probably on board rather then argb on the motherboard, cos it does not detect gen 2.

https://imgur.com/a/AjewHo4

My ram does not show up either unless i uninstall the rgb driver of my memory and install g skills rgb driver instead, cant run both of them at the same time obviously have to delete asus one, which then also fixes all glitches i had their driver is clearly broken.

To my knowledge the support for Ram is in Armory Crate (or Aura) and not in Aura Creator
as I mention A lot of people seem to report that there Ram not showing up in Aura Creator

The Control per header should be able to give that control or at least as close as it could get
I would think that letting one header deal with the Fan's RGB would be a smart thing (Since most of the time you want the Fan's to all do the same)

Don't worry to much about ARGB Strips not Being Gen 2 as the the only benefit Over Gen 1 I Could find would be that you don't have to set the Led count
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280

DjRavix wrote:
To my knowledge the support for Ram is in Armory Crate (or Aura) and not in Aura Creator
as I mention A lot of people seem to report that there Ram not showing up in Aura Creator

The Control per header should be able to give that control or at least as close as it could get
I would think that letting one header deal with the Fan's RGB would be a smart thing (Since most of the time you want the Fan's to all do the same)

Don't worry to much about ARGB Strips not Being Gen 2 as the the only benefit Over Gen 1 I Could find would be that you don't have to set the Led count

i see, anyway it does not matter if rgb memory is showing in armoury crate, it can still not show up in aura creator cos of inconsistencies with rgb drivers that asus provides, the software state of armoury crate been a mess if only started using aura creator recently after i discovered that removing the rgb driver asus provides and to install g skills own driver.
I really wanna be able to control each invidual fan or least each strip, my x570-e has 2 argb 5v headers i should least be able to control them individually, ofcourse being able to control each fan leds invidually would be even better.

¡¡¡¡¡TACHANNNNNNN!!!!!! The fault as I see and read, according to you is ..... THE REST OF THE WORLD FOR ACQUIRING RAM (any brand) WITH RGB EFFECTS----- the ASUS people so they can get rid of the DEAD with the problem of the TWO useless ASUS applications that don't do what they are supposed to do.

How would you ASUS guys cope if the rest of the RAM manufacturers made those ram INCOMPATIBLE with your motherboards, and only compatible with THE REST OF YOUR COMPETITING BASEBOARD MANUFACTURERS?

Miguel_V wrote:
¡¡¡¡¡TACHANNNNNNN!!!!!! The fault as I see and read, according to you is ..... THE REST OF THE WORLD FOR ACQUIRING RAM (any brand) WITH RGB EFFECTS----- the ASUS people so they can get rid of the DEAD with the problem of the TWO useless ASUS applications that don't do what they are supposed to do.

How would you ASUS guys cope if the rest of the RAM manufacturers made those ram INCOMPATIBLE with your motherboards, and only compatible with THE REST OF YOUR COMPETITING BASEBOARD MANUFACTURERS?

Yeah .. Then all that RGB RAM will Probably end up in pre builds from Dell, HP & Lenovo ect
The real problem is that there is not really a defined standard for RGB RAM
And in this case that Asus there software is not that well optimized to work

in my Case Armory Crate with Aura sync integrated seems to work fine and controls my RGB RAM as it should
However Aura Creator does for some reason not detect the RGB RAM
Since there is no Customization in Armory Crate (Just simple things like using different colors in say the rainbow effect)
and then you end up needing to use Aura Creator to do this (and Aura Creator should be able to do a lot more than that)

For the people that are going to Tell me to use iCue ... That's also not an option Because then the LED strips will not work
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280

DjRavix wrote:
Yeah .. Then all that RGB RAM will Probably end up in pre builds from Dell, HP & Lenovo ect
The real problem is that there is not really a defined standard for RGB RAM
And in this case that Asus there software is not that well optimized to work

in my Case Armory Crate with Aura sync integrated seems to work fine and controls my RGB RAM as it should
However Aura Creator does for some reason not detect the RGB RAM
Since there is no Customization in Armory Crate (Just simple things like using different colors in say the rainbow effect)
and then you end up needing to use Aura Creator to do this (and Aura Creator should be able to do a lot more than that)

For the people that are going to Tell me to use iCue ... That's also not an option Because then the LED strips will not work

So, why in the previous version I DID DETECT the RAM RGB...... I always have a saying, which says.... IT WORKS WELL...DON'T TOUCH IT. And in LIFE, I am now retired it has worked VERY WELL for me.

Miguel_V wrote:
So, why in the previous version I DID DETECT the RAM RGB...... I always have a saying, which says.... IT WORKS WELL...DON'T TOUCH IT. And in LIFE, I am now retired it has worked VERY WELL for me.

Are you saying that this used to work ???
For me it never did since I have my Maximus XIII Extreme for About 2 weeks now

I See in other related topics about the Ram not showing that you have the same issue with your HYPERX Predator RGB Memory on your Maximus X Hero

And here I am wondering why you are attacking me like I did something wrong
while infarct you are saying that Asus might have changed something that Broke the function and you are Attacking Asus for that

I do however Agree that the both Armory Crate & Aura Create Shut just detect the same Devices
So clearly they are not getting there information from the same source in the system somehow (While I would expect this to be the case since they work together)
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280

MainBoard: ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
CPU: Intel 7800K
RAM: HYPERX RGB PREDATOR 16Gb 3200Hz (x4)
Cooler: ROG STRIX 240 RGB LC
SSD: M2 CRUCIAL 2Tb
SSD: KIngtom 450Gb
CASE: ROG STRIX HELIOS
KeyBoard: ROG STRIX FLARE
Mouse: ROG SPATHA
HeadSet: ROG THETA 7.1
Monitor: ROG STRIX XG32VQR
GPU: ROG GTX2080Ti 11G
S.O.: WINDOWS 10 Prof 64bits
PoweSuply: 1000w

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.0.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.5.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.35
Armoury Crate lite service 4.0.12
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.29
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL1.1.0.6
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.1.7.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.47
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.45
AacAudioHal 1.3.24.0
AacDisplay 1.2.12
AacVGA 0.0.3.7
KingstonDram 1.1.6
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.08
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.31.3
PHISON HAL 1.0.6.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.1
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.3
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.1
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.12.0

And if necessary I put the S/N of everything, moreover I HAVE IT ALL REGISTERED IN ASUS.

Miguel_V wrote:
And if necessary I put the S/N of everything, moreover I HAVE IT ALL REGISTERED IN ASUS.

Yeah but I don't work for Asus ... that's why I made this topic in the first place
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280