cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X570 Crosshair Hero VIII - RGB LED dead - Only works with Armorycrate.

Dawidowski
Level 7
Hello,

So apparently after a bios update and cpu change my RGB on the motherboard died.
Funny thing is, it will only work with armory crate or aura creator.

Any other aura sync software boots up with "FF" in the Qled code display meaning "fauly found".
I cannot get it to run any other way except to install that horrible software.
Normally the motherboard should be able to run the leds by itself but it doesnt... so now I'm curious on what to do.

I've tested multiple versions of aura sync, tested multiple bioses and resets with clear coms.. but nothing happens. **** is stone dead unless I download armorycrate.

Any advice?
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

RedSector73
Level 12
Qcode: FF is = Reserved for future AMI error codes.

Please check if the CPU is installed correctly and then fully clear CMOS.

RedSector73 wrote:
Qcode: FF is = Reserved for future AMI error codes.

Please check if the CPU is installed correctly and then fully clear CMOS.

Uninstalling the software returns the motherboard to AA state.
As soon as the software is installed it turns to FF.

CPU runs fault free after multiple stress and benchmark tests for over a week.
No blue screens, no errors, not shut downs and the windows is new and clean.
CPU has been also reseated once just to make sure.

Edit: People who have installed like me a new 5000 series cpu on reddit have noticed the same issue.
Uninstalling the software removed the FF code. Question is, shouldnt the leds just operate anyway without the software? It did upon purchase.

RedSector73
Level 12
Given the code is FF and nothing bad happens. I should have mentioned the advice for the code was not my own, I just copied it in from the Qcode "FF" lookup to give you what the code means and the suggested advice for the code.

I would assume that apart from bug report, I don't think there is anything else you need to do. The qcode 'FF' has no assigned meaning, I doubt it matters based on your report. It just seems like a bug, triggered by software, just like Ryzen Master sometimes triggers 'd3' which is assigned qcode but isn't a problem when Ryzen Master triggers it as there is no matching fault with the meaning given happening, when it is displayed.

Hope you find this helpful.