cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will AI Suite II be updated? If not, please make it open source.

Antikythera
Level 7
AI Suite III has been updated to work with the Windows 10 update that fixed the Meltdown vulnerability.

Many ASUS customers are still using motherboards that are not supported by AIS3. We were still using AI Suite II and unless ASUS has plans to upgrade AIS2 or modify AIS3 to be usable on pre Haswell motherboards we will have no monitoring or control software.

While it would be preferable for ASUS to apply the same changes they applied to AIS3 and get AIS2 working again, if that is not going to happen would you perhaps consider the following as an alternative. If you were to make AIS2 open source then at least members of the user community might be able to implement their own solution.
9 REPLIES 9

Raja
Level 13
i've heard it will be updated eventually. Newer platforms take priority, so give it time.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
i've heard it will be updated eventually. Newer platforms take priority, so give it time.

Haha yea sure. Dude P67 users never gotten WIN 8.1/10 update so im sure they wont get it now 🙂

Thanks for the update Raja@ASUS, it is much appreciated. Obviously this is a major event and i'm sure the workload must be insane getting everything fixed. I'm happy to know it will eventually be addressed.

Antikythera wrote:
Thanks for the update Raja@ASUS, it is much appreciated. Obviously this is a major event and i'm sure the workload must be insane getting everything fixed. I'm happy to know it will eventually be addressed.

dude u are drunk if u belive this random post.

raja@asus wrote:

its not asus its microsoft who gif us usles ofdates its the 3 times afther and win10 updated games dont start or sofware start to fail time to get a other win mac or lineux dont neeed to gif it time the problem is alraedy fixyesterday her on the from

post by VADEM The problem seems to be solved with the BETA version of ASUS AI Suite III you can find it here...: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EBU...ew?usp=sharing

wpdoom666 wrote:
its not asus its microsoft who gif us usles ofdates its the 3 times afther and win10 updated games dont start or sofware start to fail time to get a other win mac or lineux dont neeed to gif it time the problem is alraedy fixyesterday her on the from

post by VADEM The problem seems to be solved with the BETA version of ASUS AI Suite III you can find it here...: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EBU...ew?usp=sharing

Dude are u high right now? Whole this thread is about AI Suite II which doesnt got update till this day. Older motherboards doesnt support AI Suite III.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

Great customer service for your loyal ASUS fans would be for ASUS to make a public commitment to support of AI Suite II.

We note that boards that require AI Suite II are current according to ASUS product web site and state that they are Windows 10 ready - as of the 3rd January 2018 they are not compatible - Customer purchase the ASUS product because of features that are part of the product including AI Suite II.

Our own environment has suffered due to ASUS not resolving issues with these boards, some of which were purchased THIS YEAR - to us these are current.

As a responsible IT supplier we must disclose issues to our customers and they are now cancelling all orders for ASUS brand, why because none of us can get a commitment from ASUS.

Do we blame ASUS or Microsoft?
The fact is that Microsoft will in the future have breaking changes, ASUS are the manufacturer and developer of the product, they must respond within a reasonable time when breaking changes impact their product and customers - not only is this the morally right thing to do - it ensures customer loyalty is non damaged by a non-response.

Since currently sold motherboard still use AI Suite II then we would have to consider support is still a high priority. You fix version 3 so how about recompiling against the kernel changes and solve your customers issues?

Raja@ASUS wrote:

MIXED MESSAGES
Some people @ASUS have stated that AI Suite II is EOL'd and no support will be available, now you say "give it time". This is why there must be a public statement from ASUS as to what is actually going to happen.

This month we delivered several desktops with M5A97 R2.0 and M5A99FX Pro R2.0, sold on the basis of features delivered by ASUS and AI Suite II. Imagine the response from our customers when ASUS offers no firm commitment! We had to refund each desktop after 7 days of not providing a solution. We have customer responsibilities and so does ASUS.

Since 2004 we have only recommended ASUS based on availability of support and updates, in fact in reality ASUS support was always on top of updates and the need to contact was minimal. This is quite the reverse today where ASUS does not respond to enquiries or provide incorrect information.

There currently is no accolades for ASUS through this issue.

If some ASUS staff say "No" and another says "Yes" then the confusion remains and customers walk.

Raja
Level 13
Newer platforms and versions get updates first. Then things trickle down. The teams are busy at present, so no defined timeline.