cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Asus ROG laptops adapt windows 10?

jamreal18
Level 7
I hate windows 8. Very hard to use...
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
I have w8 and w10 preview as dual boot OS , windows 10 works fine on my new G751jy and my Rog G30 AB tower , I don't mind W8 at all , W10 will be released sometime in 2015 maybe july

Nate152
I'm looking forward to windows 10, it supports directx 12.

You can install Classic Shell, it makes windows 8 look like windows 7.

Nate152 wrote:
I'm looking forward to windows 10, it supports directx 12.

You can install Classic Shell, it makes windows 8 look like windows 7.

Same here. I think windows 10 is awesome and will please the windows 8 haters who wanted the start menu back.

Classic shell wont work on windows 10 though, but then again, who will need it 🙂

CG-88 wrote:
Same here. I think windows 10 is awesome and will please the windows 8 haters who wanted the start menu back.

Classic shell wont work on windows 10 though, but then again, who will need it 🙂

HAHA, LOL! There is nothing new under the sun! (Ecclesiastes 1:9) Back on Windows 3.1 everything looked like Windows 8 does now; a hodgepodge of windows (now panels) all over with no organization. Then Windows 3.1 users would install the Calmira shell to give them the look of the brand new Windows 95, with a start button/menu. Now Windows 8 users have to install the Windows "classic shell."

IMHO, any MS/OS that requires an additional shell program is an obvious loser. 😉 I have a Windows 3.11 computer still running, but I won't install Calmira. It ruins the disorganization of the Windows 3.11 interface. 😛
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

Duke_of_Alinor
Level 7
Just install 7 and be done with it. There is a complete set of stable drivers on these forums.
Asus has to adapt to 10? Maybe 10 has to support its intended hardware.
I am hoping 10 will be the next Win 7, but it ain't there yet.