cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water cooling

hom3gr0wn
Level 7
I recently bought a Corsair H80i V2 the pump hooks up to 1 of the fan outputs on the mobo, but when I do Fan tuning on fan expert it puts that pump to 0 rpm which turns it off, I tried to change the output on that to 100% but it wont save so to the different settings, is there a way to force fan expert to ignore that port and keep it at 100%?
3 REPLIES 3

hom3gr0wn
Level 7
Well figured it out, Just had to switch from DC mode in bios to PWM now it's at 100% and fan expert no longer controls it 🙂 yay 40º C just idling and 45-55º C playing video games

davemon50
Level 11
I believe if you connect the pump to the cpu header you'll be good to go with pwm control on the pump. Or you could use Corsair Link software, which also requires using a USB2 header.
Davemon50

X-TAC
Level 8
You need to disable the fan control for the header powering the H80i v2. Depending on which motherboard you have and where you are in the BIOS, this will either be listed as "Full Speed" (Q-Fan) or "disabled". They are the same thing. The PWM trick works to get the 12v needed, but still will allow the fan tuning program to run your pump up and down. Better to disable it and prevent power saving or tuning tampering.