cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3 boost works in windows 7 but not in windows 10 same computer same settings

TitoBill777
Level 7
I have a Crosshair V Formula-z mother board. The thing is that the USB Boost in AI Suite II works in window 7 but not in Windows 10. I did an experiment when I found it not working after Microsoft updated me to Windows 10. It worked fine with Windows 7. This is on the same computer. No changes what so ever accept the operating system. The test I just performed was to add another hard drive and install Windows 7 on it. Sure enough the USB boost works fine. The problem I face is that I have a computer with a modern operation system that runs the USB 3 as a USB 2. If I boot the other operating system then the USB 3 runs like it is supposed to. Like a European passenger train. Faster than a speeding bullet.

Anyone got any ideas why this is happening and how I might overcome the problem.

Regards

Bill Hughes
4 REPLIES 4

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Windows 10 has native USB 3.0 driver and UASP support. I would try uninstalling USB Boost.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

I'm having this exact problem. How on earth do you uninstall it? I'm running Windows 10 but with a ROG Ranger VIII Motherboard... It literally takes about 2 hours to transfer 10gb to my ipad via USB3! Windows 7? About 5 minutes tops

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
I never installed it but you should be able to remove it with the AIsuite install tool (it also allows you to uninstall components).

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

jackadision
Level 7
You can easily boost your Windows 10 System with the below given tips:

STEP 1: Registry Tweaks to Improve Windows 10 Performance
STEP 2: Disable Animations and Eye Candy Effects to Improve Performance
STEP 3: Turn Off All Animations at once in Windows 10
STEP 4: Disable Transparency on Start Menu, Taskbar and Action Center
STEP 5: Disable Unnecessary Features Using Folder Options
STEP 6: Configure Windows 10 Services to Improve Performance
STEP 7: Remove Unwanted Programs from Windows Startup
STEP 8: Disable Sound Notifications for Various Events
STEP 9: Uninstall Unnecessary Modern Apps and Restore Classic Programs