cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS on Asus G750JW

sanguine_soul
Level 7
I tried out Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS on my ASUS G750JW. All seemed to work well except the screen brightness which I could not control. The function keys worked and showed the brightness level going up and down on the slider. However, the actual brightness level did not vary at all and seems to stay at maximum.

I have tried some solution which required me to change value of some variable which is supposed to contain the backlight brightness value as a number between 0 and 100. It did not help.

A solution seems to exist here https://lajackson2.wordpress.com/2014/01/07/g750jh-backlight-brightness/
However, it is not clear to me how to enter those commands into linux. The page contains 6 steps. And 5 of them have some linux commands written in white on a nearly black background. Now my questions is, how do I execute each of these steps in Linux. Do I copy of all these into a signal file and execeute that as a script file in linux terminal? or do I copy them line by line and execute them in a linux terminal, one line at a time?
1 REPLY 1