cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UAC prompt at startup since Windows 10 FCU (Led Service and GPU Fan Helper)

MaXeLL
Level 7
Hello,

since I updated my Windows 10 installation to the new Fall Creators Update (build 16299.15), everytime after i log into my account, I receive these two UAC prompts:

ledcontrolservice.exe and GpuFanHelper.exe, the first one is from this package:

AURA RGB Lighting Control for Graphic card & ROG-XG-STATION-2 (needed to control heatsink leds for a GTX1080 Strix O8G VGA)

The second one is from AI Suite 3 package for my Asus Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard.

I have to press everytime "Si/Yes" to make them disappear, then I can use my computer without any issues, but you know, it's very frustrating.

Obviously I tried to reinstall the two softwares, but it didn't resolve.

What I have to do?
108 REPLIES 108

Korth
Level 14
Correcting a technical problem and correcting corporate indifference are very different things, lol, I only offer a solution to the first so that the second needn't be an ongoing issue.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Correcting a technical problem and correcting corporate indifference are very different things, lol, I only offer a solution to the first so that the second needn't be an ongoing issue.

[/HR]

Ignoring a simple fix for months now is a symptom of their indifference, not an entirely different thing.
The fact of the matter is that none of their representative have replied on this thread for a while now only emphasizes it.

Korth
Level 14
If you feel so strongly about blaming problems instead of fixing problems then you always have the option of buying non-ASUS products.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
If you feel so strongly about blaming problems instead of fixing problems then you always have the option of buying non-ASUS products.

What is "blaming problems"?

We as users on this forum are saving ASUS tons on testing, as we handle most of their bug reports.
If they ignore our input, what is the point? We should not rely on Workarounds, rather solutions for fixing them (as you just said yourself, above).
I already provided my simple WA few pages back, which is probably the simplest one.

Buying other company products is always an option. Regardless. If that's where ASUS is going, well, they are on the right track.

Just checking in to see how the fix for this problem is coming along?

thelastfirstone wrote:
Just checking in to see how the fix for this problem is coming along?

Still pending an AURA (GFX CARD) updated version with a UAC adjustment..

katlani wrote:
Still pending an AURA (GFX CARD) updated version with a UAC adjustment..

Well i hope they ad the fix to my graphics card software.

ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING

thelastfirstone wrote:
Well i hope they ad the fix to my graphics card software.

ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING

Yeah the update is cumulative for all cards i believe.

What baffles me is that they fixed the GPUFanHelper.exe UAC issue on the previous update, so whats the problem fixing this one (just another executable to modify the Publisher or something that windows will recognize it as trust worthy).

Windows 10 version 1709

Download GPUTweak2_Ver1605_20180110

from GPUTweak download ASUS Aura utility, at time of writing this ASUS_AURA_V0.0.5.5_Win7-10_20170927 is the file downloaded.

after Ledcontrolservice is installed the task assigned to run it appears to be configured incorrectly.

open your task scheduler, right click start button and choose computer management.

from here you can AURA under the task scheduler library, double click on it. on the first tab change the user account from USER to SYSTEM

From the Triggers tab change the behavior from on start to at log on like so.

after making these changes I no longer get the UAC requester popping up on reboot / fresh start.

Known as i think it was posted perhaps less figuratively and more verbally, though ASUS still has to fix this.
The easier WA here if you do not want to mess with anything, is to either log off before restarting, or use ALT+F4 to restart (which logs off and restarts for you).