cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off Hibernation wont work?

OLIMOPA
Level 7
Ok so like the topic says, ive pretty much installed 64 GB of Ram so i pretty much want to recover that space but i did the way your supposed to by writing in the cmd "powercfg -h off" wont work so i have no idea what the problem is anyone got any suggestions what theproblem is or how to turn off hibernation?

Using Windows 7 Ultimate x64
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
What OS are you using? If windows 8 or 8.1 I would suggest you do not turn it off.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

OLIMOPA
Level 7
oh darn forgot to mention that... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 atm.
On windows 8 it works perfectly but on Windows 7 for some reason it dosent work =(

HiVizMan
Level 40
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920730

The Hiberfil.sys hidden system file is located in the root folder of the drive where the operating system is installed. The Windows Kernel Power Manager reserves this file when you install Windows. The size of this file is approximately equal to how much random access memory (RAM) is installed on the computer.

The computer uses the Hiberfil.sys file to store a copy of the system memory on the hard disk when the hybrid sleep setting is turned on. If this file is not present, the computer cannot hibernate.

To have us disable and enable hibernation for you, visit the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to fix this problem yourself, visit the "Let me fix it myself" section.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Gorman
Level 12
Just manually delete it, along with assumably your page file (i'm guessing you disabled paging too)