cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SupremeFX sound settings - Maximus VII Ranger

Mohawk1967
Level 7
Hello! Sound software forgets Sonic Studio settings :confused: This happends always every second time. If I check settings they are okey, but if I do it again, settings are nullified. Does anyone else have this proble? System: Windows 8.1, Maximus VII Ranger, headphones in rear panel.
24 REPLIES 24

Shingy wrote:
My Sonic Studio for audio output is globally set to off. I found the dynamic adjustments to be really irritating and I'm not knowledgeable enough about the equalizer to use it properly. It's mainly the fact that the microphone settings reset EVERY time it is used which REALLY irritates me and is making me regret buying this motherboard (Ranger) instead of the Z97-A.

I'll give that a try. A lot of software, especially games, probably use their own adjustments anyway.

I will try deactivating it too. I hope it's saves that I turned off Sonic Studio...
But anyways, I hope that an update of the driver could fix the issue soon.

citizen40xe
Level 7
Same problem here. I love the features. But it never SAVES the Settings. So annoying.

Dennis_L
Level 7
I have M7H. I hope ASUS fix this problem as soon as possible. My board has been out for few months already.

ClowReed
Level 8
I have the same problem. Bumped here by googling the problem. VERY ANNOYING.

It's really a shame that Asus has such garbage of software. And the problem is that we PAY for this crap and it doesn't work as intended (it would be great if it works at all without these idiotic bugs).

I'm coming from a P5K Deluxe, which had some terrible softwares as well, and by now I thought Asus had improved that, but as It seems, they had not.

I hope asus put some effort into this, as ROG boards depend a lot on these softwares to deliver what is promised.

And hope they fire those people responsible for software dev and hire some good new ones.

lucianolagos
Level 7
Try to download http://station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/Drivers/Realtek/Audio/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-(...

Download Realtek High Definition Audio (HDA) R2.7x (7348) WHQL

This driver solved my problems.

-fred
Level 7
Hi 🙂

I had this setup problem too with a Ranger.
To brief the problem :
When selecting Sonic Studio and setting up some parameters, they worked, but it was enough to change tab and come back for them to reset to default and going back to the first parameter (gaming) but with all independent setups unselected, the same applied if we closed the control center and re-open it. About microphone, changing setup and then changing tab always reset to default.

Since August, when I bought this motherboard, I've tried all drivers (7240 and up, because of my BIOS version) on Asus Ranger's page, but none of them resolved the problem, so I gave up...
Until today because I needed to use the microphone. The problem is that with windows' drivers there is an horrible sound, so I've decided to download from Realtek official site the latest available (R2.75 = 6.1.0.7245), I ended up with the same interface "ROG SupremeFX", it surprises me a bit, I was waiting for the classic realtek control panel... well whatever...
I tested if microphone quality was better, it was, I've then tested the setup saving and... it didn't work...
So, instead of keeping an old crippled driver, I decided to put the latest crippled from Asus (on Maximus VII Ranger's page : 6.1.0.7272), and then miracle !
The settings are finally remembered ! They did nothing yet the crippled can walk now... this is SF 🙂

I've noticed that the hardware order differ,
before I had: HP/Headset - Digital Output - Microphone,
now it's: Digital Output - HP/Headset - Microphone
Perhaps nothing, yet it shows something changed.

So, if you prefer to stick with an official Asus driver (the one from the post above came from an MSI board, I think), you can do the following:
- if not already done, uninstall your audio driver (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver), then reboot,
- Install the one from Realtek's site (R2.75, you'll have to agree to access the download page), then reboot,
- uninstall them, then reboot,
- install Asus 6.1.0.7272, then reboot.

I don't know what setting the official Realtek driver changed for the Asus drivers to finally work like they always should have, but I won't search, I've already wasted enough time on this. 🙂

If this worked for you, or if the drivers from the post above did the trick, please report it here, it may help some souls.

-fred wrote:
Hi 🙂

I had this setup problem too with a Ranger.
To brief the problem :
When selecting Sonic Studio and setting up some parameters, they worked, but it was enough to change tab and come back for them to reset to default and going back to the first parameter (gaming) but with all independent setups unselected, the same applied if we closed the control center and re-open it. About microphone, changing setup and then changing tab always reset to default.

Since August, when I bought this motherboard, I've tried all drivers (7240 and up, because of my BIOS version) on Asus Ranger's page, but none of them resolved the problem, so I gave up...
Until today because I needed to use the microphone. The problem is that with windows' drivers there is an horrible sound, so I've decided to download from Realtek official site the latest available (R2.75 = 6.1.0.7245), I ended up with the same interface "ROG SupremeFX", it surprises me a bit, I was waiting for the classic realtek control panel... well whatever...
I tested if microphone quality was better, it was, I've then tested the setup saving and... it didn't work...
So, instead of keeping an old crippled driver, I decided to put the latest crippled from Asus (on Maximus VII Ranger's page : 6.1.0.7272), and then miracle !
The settings are finally remembered ! They did nothing yet the crippled can walk now... this is SF 🙂

I've noticed that the hardware order differ,
before I had: HP/Headset - Digital Output - Microphone,
now it's: Digital Output - HP/Headset - Microphone
Perhaps nothing, yet it shows something changed.

So, if you prefer to stick with an official Asus driver (the one from the post above came from an MSI board, I think), you can do the following:
- if not already done, uninstall your audio driver (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver), then reboot,
- Install the one from Realtek's site (R2.75, you'll have to agree to access the download page), then reboot,
- uninstall them, then reboot,
- install Asus 6.1.0.7272, then reboot.

I don't know what setting the official Realtek driver changed for the Asus drivers to finally work like they always should have, but I won't search, I've already wasted enough time on this. 🙂

If this worked for you, or if the drivers from the post above did the trick, please report it here, it may help some souls.

I've installed the 7349 driver provided in lucianolagos' reply and I got the ROG Supreme FX interface too. The problem still happens sometimes but it's much less frequent, as I close and open the interface and it doesn't change. Even rebooting the computer keeps the settings. It only happens sometimes while changing tabs, but not everytime.

I hope they really keep working on this 'till totally stable. It's incredible as almost all softwares from Asus works like %$#@ (and if this is a problem from Realtek only, well... Asus should put some pressure on them to fix all this).

-fred
Level 7
Thanks ClowReed, this is good to know, it seems that nowadays Realtek drivers seems "universal" across platforms.
Just for info, the unfriendly method I used completely resolve the problem.

I'm not really hot to install the 7349 version as everything works fine now, but if I do I'll tell here if the problem is still gone, or if it switch to the state you're in (sometimes settings are forgotten when changing tabs).

Hammerark
Level 7
I'm just reporting in to add my name to the list of sufferers of this problem. It's sad to see this has not yet been fixed by the drivers as this issue was reported quite a while ago.

Specs :

- CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K 4.8GHz
- Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Formula Z97X
- RAM: Avexis Blitz 16GB 2400MHz C10
- Graphics: 3 x Sapphire Tri-X OC AMD Radeon R9 290X 4096MB
- Photon 270 reservoir and D5 Pump combo
- Full watercooling loop - External and internal
- Primary Drive: Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD
- Secondary Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA-III Hard Drive
- Optical Drive: LG 16x Blu Ray writer
- Audio: 7.1 Channel HD Audio with SPDIF I/O
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1200W
- Sony 60 inch 4k TV

It's odd because I just did a system reset and a format of my c: drive with a totally clean install of all drivers and this issue wasn't evident before I did the reset but I was using the same drivers as I am now.