cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SupremeFX how do I disable automatic impedance detection & amplification?

Rriik
Level 7
Hello,

I have a question related to your SupremeFX software. I recently changed my motherboard with a Z270H and it came with a built in Asus SupremeFX sound card. Everyone's been praising these sound cards, but i find the software used for them very blunt.

One issue I have with it is that every time I plug in my Asus Orion headset (with impedance of 32 Ohms, yes i know), the settings always automatically default to "Performance" amplification. Every time after I plug them in, and every time after a reboot, it always defaults to this.

What i don't understand is why aren't we allowed to overwrite this setting and just have the option to set them as we wish and not have them revert back to automatic? I am pretty sure i used this headset on amplification levels equivalent to "Extreme" before, with my old motherboard (also running the Realtek drivers, but the older versions, the ones that actually let you apply settings and remember your choice -__- ). And yes I am aware and also do not give a damn about "recommended" levels of amplification, I know what the headset is capable of delivering and I have used it as such for a year + now.

I found out that one option to workaround this is to move the actual audio manager application (RtkNGUI64.exe) out of the driver folder of Realtek. This way, after reboot it couldn't find the audio manager and somehow it would heep the last known settings intact, instead of automatically reverting to "Performance" amplification levels just because my headset is under a certain impedance.

This whole thing is bull**** btw, and i appreciated realtek's older interface ( http://i.imgur.com/0BnBs.jpg ) a lot more than I appreciate this new one. Please let me know if there's a solution to disable the automatic impedance detection, or if not, if there's any way of reverting to the old realtek interface.
4 REPLIES 4

Tobbbe__
Level 7
I have a pair of Hifiman Susvara 37 Ohm Planar headphones. With my Formula "supreme fx" onboard card i cant get it to play at more than like "70%" of its capable volume. I Think its the Auto Ohm **** thats causing the volume to be so low....

Why can i turn it off? Fix this now Asus!

Rriik wrote:
Hello,

I have a question related to your SupremeFX software. I recently changed my motherboard with a Z270H and it came with a built in Asus SupremeFX sound card. Everyone's been praising these sound cards, but i find the software used for them very blunt.

One issue I have with it is that every time I plug in my Asus Orion headset (with impedance of 32 Ohms, yes i know), the settings always automatically default to "Performance" amplification. Every time after I plug them in, and every time after a reboot, it always defaults to this.

What i don't understand is why aren't we allowed to overwrite this setting and just have the option to set them as we wish and not have them revert back to automatic? I am pretty sure i used this headset on amplification levels equivalent to "Extreme" before, with my old motherboard (also running the Realtek drivers, but the older versions, the ones that actually let you apply settings and remember your choice -__- ). And yes I am aware and also do not give a damn about "recommended" levels of amplification, I know what the headset is capable of delivering and I have used it as such for a year + now.

I found out that one option to workaround this is to move the actual audio manager application (RtkNGUI64.exe) out of the driver folder of Realtek. This way, after reboot it couldn't find the audio manager and somehow it would heep the last known settings intact, instead of automatically reverting to "Performance" amplification levels just because my headset is under a certain impedance.

This whole thing is bull**** btw, and i appreciated realtek's older interface ( http://i.imgur.com/0BnBs.jpg ) a lot more than I appreciate this new one. Please let me know if there's a solution to disable the automatic impedance detection, or if not, if there's any way of reverting to the old realtek interface.

Tobbbe__ wrote:
I have a pair of Hifiman Susvara 37 Ohm Planar headphones. With my Formula "supreme fx" onboard card i cant get it to play at more than like "70%" of its capable volume. I Think its the Auto Ohm **** thats causing the volume to be so low....

Why can i turn it off? Fix this now Asus!

Hi,

We will try to fix that together.

Which Formula motherboard do you have ? ROG Crosshair (AMD) or ROG Maximus (Intel) ? Which generation ?

Dude...trust me, Just get u a cheap "external" usb dac like the SD-DAC63116 for 35-40 bucks and be truly satisfied. lol
My rig (pretty similar to yours):
-Audio Technica's ATH-M50x Professional Monitor Headphones
- Syba Sonic 24bit 96KHz USB DAC Stereo Headphone Amplifier 2 Stage EQ Digital/Coaxial Output and RCA Output- <<<<<<< THE ONLY SOLUTION lol
-FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier Model # FA3111- not necessary but i have it so...why not lol
-ROG Strix X370-F Gaming motherboard:
-SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A
- Dual Headphone Amplifiers
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

We will try to fix that together.

Which Formula motherboard do you have ? ROG Crosshair (AMD) or ROG Maximus (Intel) ? Which generation ?

How to disable this impedance sensing?