cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supreme FX Sound Manager Trouble switching between headphone & Speakers

steve_eggen
Level 7
Hi,

I am having an issue switching between sound devices. Almost every time I boot up I have to go through a routine to get my headphones to work. I have to open the Sound Manager and go to Settings Options and change the Playback Device and change to "Mute the rear output device, when a front headphone is plugged in." then switch it back to : "Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously."

Then it works but I constantly have to do this and Im getting tired of it.

Running Win 10
Maximus Formula IX 7700
Asus GTX 1070
16 gb memory
Sennheiser Game1

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

davemon50
Level 11
Not trying to sound patronizing here, but when you plug in your headset don't you get a dropdown available to you in your Windows icons (lower right) to select from your currently connected playback devices? That is how I choose mine from available devices.

You may also have the wrong Default playback devices set?
Davemon50

steve_eggen
Level 7
Yes I do. The problem is that 9 times out of 10 even though I have selected the headphones (either as you mentioned or just selecting as the default device) no sound comes out. Until I go through the annoying changing the check boxes (above) then that process seems to trigger whatever is necessary to make them work.

When I go the other way, selecting speakers when the headphones are the default it works most of the time. But going from to headphones I always seem to have to mess around.

I’m thinking about removing all the asus software and just running standard drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk