cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio problems.

fryburger
Level 7
I have a brand new Asus Strix GD30CL computer.

Im trying to hook up my Audio Technica microphone for recording and Sonic Studios keeps saying that the mic is not supported. Ive tried updating drivers (realtek and others) and no bueno. I tried to upgrade sonic studios and every time i downloaded the updates from the site, they were Mac files. Im super confused.

Any help would be nice. Its my first time on a PC in 10 years since being on a mac, and so far its been a terrible process.
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
I have same asus PC here is driver page , I cannot get Sonic Studio to work either , latest version is Sonic Suite V2.2.36 ,under utilities , my sonic error is "sonic studio does not support the current audio device , please switch devices to continue using Sonic Studio" My Default Audio is Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.8029

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=GD30CI&p=14&s=11

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
fryburger wrote:
I have a brand new Asus Strix GD30CL computer.

Im trying to hook up my Audio Technica microphone for recording and Sonic Studios keeps saying that the mic is not supported. Ive tried updating drivers (realtek and others) and no bueno. I tried to upgrade sonic studios and every time i downloaded the updates from the site, they were Mac files. Im super confused.

Any help would be nice. Its my first time on a PC in 10 years since being on a mac, and so far its been a terrible process.

Is that a USB mic? Sonic Studio can only control microphones which are connected via the 3.5mm jack.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Correct. I get a Mayflower ARC. and Test. All asus apps are control of what is coenctect to the board. no USB. But I did find a bug that crash my system and the apps also. I a know issue. Please check code, that as soon a USB amp o dac. etc. send a signal to disconnect the the sonic studio. I try to make a way to make something to write, but still having problems that the dac get disconnect. a soon I try to restart the dac the sonic studio crash. Most of those are dac are driverless.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
Correct. I get a Mayflower ARC. and Test. All asus apps are control of what is coenctect to the board. no USB. But I did find a bug that crash my system and the apps also. I a know issue. Please check code, that as soon a USB amp o dac. etc. send a signal to disconnect the the sonic studio. I try to make a way to make something to write, but still having problems that the dac get disconnect. a soon I try to restart the dac the sonic studio crash. Most of those are dac are driverless.

Sonic Studio is exclusively for our audio hardware. When external DACs or USB audio devices are used, you can uninstall Sonic Studio if conflicts exist.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Sonic Studio is exclusively for our audio hardware. When external DACs or USB audio devices are used, you can uninstall Sonic Studio if conflicts exist.

Copy that. I find some dac interfering with the realtek since is all ready a open case with the them.

Thanks MasterC
Learn, Play Enjoy!