cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic studio III keeps crashing and then an error

Driver170
Level 7
I installed the latest driver and software from the asus website for my motherboard. but it works on the first startup but soon after it just crashes and then i get this error

My system; *asus rog z490 maximus xii hero wifi

20 REPLIES 20

Ejziponken wrote:
Uhm this happens to me when I start MS Edge...

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx).

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Ejziponken
Level 8
Yea that does not solve the crashing. 😕 (its the one I had)

schm0
Level 10
This is what I found out so far:
When the Realtek App is crashing:
it is probably caused by the WpnUserService_ not running.

The Sonic Studio App...
That one is a bit tricky.
But most of the time, I can fix the crashing by going into the windows sound settings
(the settings page where you can assign programs to different output/input devices)
And clicking the Reset Button there and rebooting the machine.

I mean a reboot without doing anything solves the issue. But only for a few minutes. The crashes occur within like 5-10 minutes.

I've had issues with Sonic Studio as well! It was causing some 3D apps & Rocket League to freeze up. So I uninstalled the Sonic Studio app, but the problem persisted. So I've also disabled the "A-Volute Nh3 Audio Effects Component" in Device Manager > Software Components, plus, deleted all the "Nahimic" files in C:/Windows/System32 folder. Since doing this the issue has stopped. Although I suspect the files will reinstall with the next Windows update 😞

AliAPCMR
Level 9
I am having this issue on the z390 e mobo it randomly shows the error "The current system is not supported, or the audio driver has not been properly installed TIMEOUT" It use to work fine i to got some a volute update

rubenalamina
Level 7
I decided to try the integrated audio chip on my new build/upgrade (mobo, cpu and ram) and I used Mokichu's drivers on a clean install instead of the official ones. I ran into the timeout issue when going into advanced mode for the first time and the only thing that can make Sonic Studio work was to go into windows settings - applications, then selecting sonic studio and reset its data from there.

After cleaning those drivers and installing the latest from Asus site, the same issue appears. After more digging I found out that a service called Nahimic Service is set to start automatically but it doesn't start. Manually starting it from Windows services console fixes the issue so far.

So, it's related to this service not being able to start properly and it is required for sonic studio's advance mode. Why all this complexity and hassle in something that should be straighforward is baffling. I'll probably end up reinstalling my old but great sounding and still kicking Sound Blaster Zx so I can have Dolby Digital and DTS encoding via SPDIF anyway but wanted to give the latest audio chip and software a try out of curioisity.

shotgunfred
Level 7
Driver170 wrote:
I installed the latest driver and software from the asus website for my motherboard. but it works on the first startup but soon after it just crashes and then i get this error

Solution

Download the latest Audio driver from Asus Support->Extract the folder and have it ready.

Download and install the third party app DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).

Right click on Windows Start and select run->Type msconfig-> Hit enter->Go to boot-> tick safe-mode->OK. Restart in safe mode. (If you're using Bitlocker suspend protection on the drive running Windows first before doing this)

In safe-mode login->Right click on Windows Start and select run->Type msconfig-> Hit enter->Go to boot-> untick safe-mode->OK->Exit without restarting

Run DDU->Set DDU to prevent windows from automatically downloading and install drivers in the options.

Set DDU to uninstall Audio and select the Realtek device.

Clean and restart->Log into Windows->

If you load device manager you can view the drivers being installed should you wish.

Install the Realtek driver downloaded from Asus Support using the Asus setup.exe in the driver folder. Wait patiently until this is completed.

Run Sonic Suit Companion and update Sonic Studio and Audio Driver (SWC)

Load DDU and set Windows Device Installation Settings to default.

Run Windows Update and update the optional drivers.

Following these steps fixed this problem with the ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO

You can use the same steps for updating your graphics card should you have issues or wish to have a clean install or the latest driver.

In the past I performed a clean install of Windows to resolve this issue. This time I wasn't up for doing that or restoring back to an earlier state. This should be helpful for anyone else experiencing the same issue. Thank you DDU!

shotgunfred
Level 7
Driver170 wrote:

I used Display Driver uninstaller in safe mode to completely remove the audio drivers and disable Windows auto driver install. Then clean installed the latest drivers from Asus using the Asus Setup.exe in the install folder. updated the driver using sonic suit companion. reenabled default windows driver install then updated windows including the optional drivers. This allowed me to update to the latest and remedy the problem without having to restore my system to a previous state or clean install Windows.

Nino_1973
Level 7
same problem with asus rampage VI extrema for 2 years it has always the same problem with sonic studio sometimes it only works for 5 minutes and then it crashes I called the asus support several times and they say that the fault and of the app I do not understand why they do the collaboration when the asus support does not even know the problems in the end it does not interest me anymore, I just know that if it continues like this I will no longer enter asus rog series in my bugets
and even today none of the asus technicians can give an answer to these crashes