cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio 3.16.13 - Can't adjust amp

nataku
Level 7
The older version of Sonic Studio that was installed allowed me to adjust the amp but after restarting it was automatically uninstalled. I installed the newest UMP version and it does not allow me to adjust it anymore. How do I download an older version or adjust it now?

X570 Crosshair VIII Formula
5 REPLIES 5

Dark_Pony
Level 7

Same issue here, re-installed audio and video drivers because of hardware changes and the earlier version of Sonic Studio had an headphone amp option, with three settings: Xtreme, Performance etc... it was really good with headphones that need amplification, but the current version is lacking the option and Smart Volume is not quite it. 

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi,

With modern Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD), this feature is now in Realtek Audio Control :

image.png

Yeah, I got it working yesterday, had to search for Realtek Audio Console (app) on Win11 and then it popped up. Thanks for the reference still, though.

Before I could rename a device there - for instance I could name my MMX 300s there, but now it only has Speakers by default. I am still glad though, cause of these three amp presets - these are really good with Beyerdynamics and ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - gets the cans working alright without an external headphone amp. 

@Dark_Pony  a écrit :

Yeah, I got it working yesterday, had to search for Realtek Audio Console (app) on Win11 and then it popped up. Thanks for the reference still, though.

Before I could rename a device there - for instance I could name my MMX 300s there, but now it only has Speakers by default. I am still glad though, cause of these three amp presets - these are really good with Beyerdynamics and ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - gets the cans working alright without an external headphone amp. 

You can rename your audio device via Windows settings (Start > Settings > System > Sound > Click on the targeted audio device > Rename).

Thank You very much! 
I was able to rename it.

RAC.png