cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software slow start up

Mohammad_Nammou
Level 7
hi dears,
i'm using my Asus G75vw for engineering software (ArcGIS, Autocad, 3d modeling...).
the problem is these software take long time to start, also slow performance in ArcGIS (when zoom, labeling..)

the performance on the work desktop (hp pro xx) is better inspite of it has lower specs.

my laptop specs:

Asus G75vw
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
1TB hard drive 5400rpm

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
Display Memory: 4033 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1985 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

the work PC has i5 processor, 4gb ram and Intel graphic card

do my laptop has soft/ hardware problem? is it due the hard drive speed?
please help me

thanks
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
what is running in the background, how many running programs ?

even if i start the laptop and start one software only (like ArcGis)

ooohh,, i'm running google chrome only,, but i start the task manager and find 82 background process

but almost the same softwares are installed on work pc..
thanks

toronto699
Level 13
run only the process u need. do not run all those processes @ start up. Delete any files in the { TEMP } and the
{%TEMP%} folders , down load CCleaner it will help u delete temp files and help to stop unneeded running processes , do not delete any registery files with CCleaner if u do not know what they are , hope this helps ccleaner and install it http://www.cnet.com/search/?query=ccleaner

toronto699 wrote:
run only the process u need. do not run all those processes @ start up. Delete any files in the { TEMP } and the
{%TEMP%} folders , down load CCleaner it will help u delete temp files and help to stop unneeded running processes , do not delete any registery files with CCleaner if u do not know what they are , hope this helps ccleaner and install it http://www.cnet.com/search/?query=ccleaner

many thanks toronto,
i'm familiar with ccleaner.. i stopped the not necessary programs, delete the temp. files, disable some programs from start up and did the disc fragment

anyway, hope its not a hardware issue, when i will have time, i'll make clean windows installation and check it again
thnx

toronto699
Level 13
u should also check device manager , see if there is a driver problem , that could slow down pc