cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Throne Qi

UnholyAnimal
Level 7
Ok so my Throne Qi has been working great with my other lights, synced great. Then about a week ago the windows update happened, and all of the sudden my Throne Qi is stuck on one color. I cant change it in anything. at this point I've done about 3 os reinstalls total wipes and armoury crate just doesnt even see it anymore. I tried using armoury II it doesnt do anything to the lights at all. I try using the update in armoury II and it says the LED FW is -0001. It says update ROG Throne Qi(GHS80_LED) firmware 0027. I press update and it gets all the way to the end and says Firmware 0027 failed to update please try again. This has been such a headache, has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideals or help would be greatly appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

Kishona69
Level 7
So glad you mentioned this since I've been wanting to get the Throne for quite some time now but I'll definitely be holding back for sure until Asus fixes their ****ty software. I'll admit that their hardware is awesome (and unjustifiably expensive) but the software is excruciatingly effed up that it just doesn't make any sense to me. Been trying to get Livedash on my Maximus XI Extreme to work for months now and nothing. Not even a fresh install fixes the crappy thing. It's just off. And I even had TWO of their Strix Flare Keyboards die on me because of their ****ty software. I'm presently on my third! So yeah, I'm very disappointed in them and this is coming from a HUGE ROG fan. All that being said, I'm very sorry that I'm unable to assist in any way with your problem but I sincerely hope that someone comes up with a solution very soon.

You need to cycle the power on it. Unplug BOTH cables then plug it back in and it should work. Mine does this once every few days. I'm just patently waiting for a firmware update to fix that. My Chakram mouse occasionally causes the same kinda aura lock up. Re-plugging the mouse gets it working though.

Wow thank you so much, something so simple just slipped my mind to try. I appreciate it so much, was getting really frustrated.

TheMajekalBum wrote:
You need to cycle the power on it. Unplug BOTH cables then plug it back in and it should work. Mine does this once every few days. I'm just patently waiting for a firmware update to fix that. My Chakram mouse occasionally causes the same kinda aura lock up. Re-plugging the mouse gets it working though.

Same here i had bought the rog throne - non qi , since i needed all in one head phone stand with DAC/AMP that will boost my headphone performance. however its funny how its sometimes turn off the light it self and then when i want to change the sound present on the armoury crate under devices its just loading on and on. the only fix i found to to replug it and then restart it or just sleep and turn it again.

**** ASUS need to fix in as soon man.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.13.0
ROG Live Service 1.0.28.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.02
Armoury Crate service 2.7.10
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.0.0
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
AacAudioHal 1.3.8.0

Exolite wrote:
Same here i had bought the rog throne - non qi , since i needed all in one head phone stand with DAC/AMP that will boost my headphone performance. however its funny how its sometimes turn off the light it self and then when i want to change the sound present on the armoury crate under devices its just loading on and on. the only fix i found to to replug it and then restart it or just sleep and turn it again.

**** ASUS need to fix in as soon man.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.13.0
ROG Live Service 1.0.28.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.02
Armoury Crate service 2.7.10
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.0.0
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
AacAudioHal 1.3.8.0

Yep. Have had to do the same thing. I have about 5 Aura Sync compatible devices, and it is a miracle if I can get all of them working, let alone doing the same thing.

I am having the same issue with my rog throne. I followed the direction here and have to power cycle my throne every day or so. I keep getting the firmware update but it just doesn't work. It stops my rgb from working and then my pc won't go to sleep. Really a pain in the butt.

Anyone have any updates on something that worked to solve this issue?

I cant get my throne to change colors at all. AC detects it, but i get a operation failed message when i try to change the colors throu AC

Hi all,
Any one seeing those errors in windows system logs? If you disconnect and reconnect the cable, refresh the logs, those error come up and I'd like to see them stop. It seems to be some missing driver even though the crate downloaded the firmware and works except that on 20% of PC reboots, its not seen, i have to pull the header cable and reconnect it so the lighting/headphones work again.

There are 4 total errors back to back which also happen during a reboot and all seen within the windows system logs (W10)
2x detected unrecongized USB driver (\Driver\PnpManager)
2x detected unrecongized USB driver (\Driver\NetgearUDSMbus) nothing to do with my netgear router to be clear.

I"ve tried looking for the drive on their site but no luck, the firmware is downloaded automatically by amaroy crate but i feel there's a missing driver?
Anyone know something about this? I've also called ASAU to see if there's a driver pack but waiting for an answer.

Thanks.