cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha firmware

InFAMAS-ONE
Level 8
Hi there.

I have downloaded and installed the latest formware for my ROG Spatha in an attempt to obtain a devices tab in Armoury crate (This didn't work btw).

Firmware versions now can be found below.

Since updating the firmware, I have had the following problems:

1. Aura sync in armoury crate recognises 'Mouse' as a syncable device, but the device does not sync, it just sits on a slow colour cycle (Wireless), will work properly with wired connection.
2. Light on dock keeps flashing a random colour, and mouse keeps cutting out (Wireless mode). It will display green to indicate a good charge for a few seconds on first use from removal of dock, and then start freaking out again.
3. Still no 'Devices' tab in Armoury crate.

All this firmware 'update' seems to have done is break my very expensive mouse! I can't even revert to previous firmware versions, as I cannot find the download for it on the support site. Firmware updates apparently completed successfully. The mouse was working perfectly before updating. The only reason I did it was to bring it up to date in the hope the mouse would work properly with Armoury Crate.

The only thing I could do with Crate and this mouse was use Aura Sync. If I wanted any functionality, I had to use Armoury II and Aura Sync. However, Armoury would freak out about the mouse being synced in Aura Sync and refuse to open until I unsynced the mouse. I was hoping to use Crate as a fix to this issue.

Edit: Mouse works fine in terms of functionality in both wired, and wireless modes until I try to use Aura sync in Armoury crate with the mouse in wireless mode. I can use Aura sync ONLY when the mouse is directly wired. It worked fine with Aura Sync in crate in both wired and wireless configurations before the firmware update.

Please help!
1 REPLY 1

Crystalyne
Level 7
InFAMAS-ONE wrote:
Hi there.

I have downloaded and installed the latest formware for my ROG Spatha in an attempt to obtain a devices tab in Armoury crate (This didn't work btw).

Firmware versions now can be found below.

Since updating the firmware, I have had the following problems:

1. Aura sync in armoury crate recognises 'Mouse' as a syncable device, but the device does not sync, it just sits on a slow colour cycle (Wireless), will work properly with wired connection.
2. Light on dock keeps flashing a random colour, and mouse keeps cutting out (Wireless mode). It will display green to indicate a good charge for a few seconds on first use from removal of dock, and then start freaking out again.
3. Still no 'Devices' tab in Armoury crate.

All this firmware 'update' seems to have done is break my very expensive mouse! I can't even revert to previous firmware versions, as I cannot find the download for it on the support site. Firmware updates apparently completed successfully. The mouse was working perfectly before updating. The only reason I did it was to bring it up to date in the hope the mouse would work properly with Armoury Crate.

The only thing I could do with Crate and this mouse was use Aura Sync. If I wanted any functionality, I had to use Armoury II and Aura Sync. However, Armoury would freak out about the mouse being synced in Aura Sync and refuse to open until I unsynced the mouse. I was hoping to use Crate as a fix to this issue.

Edit: Mouse works fine in terms of functionality in both wired, and wireless modes until I try to use Aura sync in Armoury crate with the mouse in wireless mode. I can use Aura sync ONLY when the mouse is directly wired. It worked fine with Aura Sync in crate in both wired and wireless configurations before the firmware update.

Please help!

Facing the same issue here. As far as I can tell, Armoury II is overwriting the Aura data that Armoury Crate is sending the mouse, causing it to freak out and do all kinds of weird things (Dock LED flashing random colours, mouse losing connection every 5 seconds or so, etc.)

In reality, ASUS really just needs to ditch Armoury II. It's a horribly slow software which seems poorly optimized for the hardware (Hint ASUS Engineers: Retrieve all profiles when the program starts, or when the mouse is first connected - NOT on-the-fly when the user is actually trying to do stuff!) and add full support for the Spatha in Armoury Crate. It's not like the hardware is the problem, after all, the firmware could be upgraded to complement Armoury Crate integration.