cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Software is breaking many things. Crosshair VIII Formula

d0x360
Level 7
Asus ROG software that Armoury Crate must have installed even though ive also removed that and made sure the install armoury crate setting in the bios is disabled...its driving me insane.

First off why is it installing RGB software for hardware I dont have? Its also installing the sonic mixer audio software which causes major conflicts with dolby atmos and just sound in general. My pc constantly makes a faint ding sound with it installed and i cant get rid of it. Audio channels dont work properly either whether its through HDMI or using onboard audio into my receiver

Other asus software is causing conflicts with the latest version of logitech ghub so my wireless g502 hero and g915 constantly disconnect and then stop working and then reconnect...it happens over and over and over. I can barely write an email thats a few sentences without everything going completely insane.

Where is all this garbage coming from?! The software literally behaves like a virus and the only asus hardware in this system is my motherboard which is a ROG Crosshair VIII Formula. I didnt pay tons of money for a motherboard for it to behave this way and i dont expect asus software to constantly keep replicating even after i remove EVERY trace i can possibly find.

I work in IT and if its driving me this crazy i cant imagine the average user is very happy either. I want everything gone and i want it to stay gone. I dont know where some installer is hiding or how its starting itself and invisibly adding software bit by bit. Ive scrubbed every drive, looked through every folder, searched everything i could think of and ive cleaned the registry multiple times.

This is completely unacceptable...ive never seen anything like and ive owned a Dell prebuilt. This isnt what you expect from a $500+ motherboard and if i cant solve this issue once and for all i will never give Asus another dime and id prefer to not have to do that because i love the motherboards and accessories and have for years but i never had issues like this with any pc or laptop in my life and i owned a dell once. Its genuinely maddening and i havent been able to game on my stupid expensive gaming pc for a week because all i do is try to remove this trash that breaks multiple pieces of important software that i actually NEED.

I DONT NEED rgb software for patriot ram...i dont have any rgb hardware in my system whatsoever nor do i have patriot ram! I dont like RGB filled systems, i dont even use the lights on my 3080ti ftw3 ultra or my keyboard and mouse...i set the keys to blue and they never change except now they barely function due to conflicts.

I dont see how the people making the decisions behind this software would want to lose a very long time and loyal customer who buys the high end high margin products over something so ridiculous. ive written all of this and keep repeating myself due to pure anger and frustration.

I honestly dont know how any of this software began sneaking back onto my system in the first place! I had it all removed, i hadnt seen anything in over a year and suddenly it began appearing piece by piece and just when i think ive gotten it all and can make a new and clean system image...i have to start over.

why isnt there a utility that removes EVERYTHING all at once and makes sure not even a single .txt file is left behind. Also there needs to be revision of the bios updates that has armoury crate installation files removed because despite the option to install being set to disabled...that seems to be the only way this is happening.

Please...someone help me lol. Where is all this stuff hiding? Ive checked threads but only found things ive tried...going through the registry almost line by line is not fun
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi d0x360

Welcome to the ROG forum.

To completely remove Armoury Crate, use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool from the ASUS Support Center.

Select your operating system then click "See all downloads", it's the third download.

https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

I am very excited about this new motherboard from ASUS. It has extra features and I have included a few pictures of those for your viewing pleasure. I did not include any charts because I think some charts confuse users, so I used pictures instead to show you how awesome ROG Software is.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi d0x360

Welcome to the ROG forum.

To completely remove Armoury Crate, use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool from the ASUS Support Center.

Select your operating system then click "See all downloads", it's the third download.

https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Only it doesn't uninstall everything I've noticed, it leaves behind an Asus update service, presumably it is this that might be downloading it again for the OP.

Software that can't uninstall itself completely without using a second app is by definition rubbish software, and is exactly what you have to do with a virus, use different software to get rid of it completely.

I have to agree the software is dreadful, I had to reinstall Windows 11 to be sure I was rid of it after it screwed things up for me, never again.

plee5509
Level 7
d0x360 wrote:

Please...someone help me lol. Where is all this stuff hiding? Ive checked threads but only found things ive tried...going through the registry almost line by line is not fun

Try downloading Autoruns, a tool from Microsoft, then use that to search for Asus and disable all the Asus entries that are related to Armory Crate, reboot and see if that has tamed things. Good luck.