cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Ryujin shovelware & Armoury crate

FopaUK
Level 7
Would anyone happen to have a fix for the shovelware software that accompanies ROG Ryujin 360. I have invested thousands on ROG products (See Profile PC Specs, and quite frankly as a software developer myself i find the Ryujin software to be an absolute achilles foot for the brand. Furthermore, the display unit is skipping a frame as it transitions through the hardware monitor. That can be easily fixed, but still, months later the problem exists. I am fast losing faith in this great hardware due to the utterly outrageous poor software.

What exactly is the issue with the XML format error, that can not be resolved with ease?

Any pointers to resolve these issues would be genuinely welcome.
2 REPLIES 2

Re
Level 10
FopaUK wrote:
Would anyone happen to have a fix for the shovelware software that accompanies ROG Ryujin 360. I have invested thousands on ROG products (See Profile PC Specs, and quite frankly as a software developer myself i find the Ryujin software to be an absolute achilles foot for the brand. Furthermore, the display unit is skipping a frame as it transitions through the hardware monitor. That can be easily fixed, but still, months later the problem exists. I am fast losing faith in this great hardware due to the utterly outrageous poor software.

What exactly is the issue with the XML format error, that can not be resolved with ease?

Any pointers to resolve these issues would be genuinely welcome.

can you search for a xml file on your System drive called aio.xml i think. Delete it and restart the Armoury Crate Service. Make a copy of the file

Super_Gnome
Level 11
FopaUK wrote:
Quite frankly as a software developer myself i find the Ryujin software to be an absolute achilles foot for the brand.

The trick to Asus is to install as little of its software as possible--basically none is best. I'd even forego the Asus Bioses if possible--half the time even they are problematic. All my dreams came true for me with my first Asus motherboard when I installed Windows with NO Asus software at all.

As for the Ryujin, the display is utterly useless anyway, at least as far as the CPU temp goes. The number it reports is from a probe behind the CPU, and is off by five degrees or so, so misleading at best.

Here is what I did: I parked my rig with my Ryjin pretty much completely out of sight. The RBG control was fine for a few months, and then completely crapped out. I have reinstalled Windows a few times due to problems I am sure relates to Asus and related software and how it does not jive with updates from Windows, etc and will gleefully never install any of it again--as much as possible.

Hopefully this helps. You and I are not alone in our frustrations. The best solution--which the smartest Asus customers adhere to--is to just avoid it.

Please note though: You need the firmware and the latest is probably advisable. Here is a link for the 360: https://www.asus.com/Cooling/ROG-RYUJIN-360/HelpDesk_Download/